General Question Not needing to pee, No pain

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I generally have to push Bruin from where ever he is laying, through the kitchen to the door and down the stairs to go pee. It never seems like he NEEDS to go out. He's not in pain, he's not showing any distress. He doesn't drink a whole lot but still drinks and eats...he just never seems like he needs to pee. Once he's outside he will definitely pee and poop and he's not in pain when he's doing it. It's almost like he's just too lazy to go pee. I just don't get it. He's been like this for awhile but I'm getting so sick of literally making him go outside. Treats don't work either. treats don't make him do anything, he's so not food driven. So I decided to wait and see how long he goes until he lets us know he needs to go out (he does let us know, he uses the poochie bells when he needs to go). Its been almost 24 hours since he's pee'd and 17 hours since he's pooped. I read somewhere that the less active they are, the less they need to 'go'. Anyone know what his issue is, if he even has an issue?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... i never heard of this before -- may be is becasue he is just no active. I would not make it a trip to the vet, but next time there definitely talk about it

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Charlotte never wants to go out. She'll hold it forever if we let her...It's not this extreme, we don't have to "drag" her out, but she definitely would never ask.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Our boxer is the same. I do have to drag her out when it is raining as she HATES the rain (go figure we live in Seattle). She would explode before having an accident in the house so we always have to remember to let her out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmmmm.... I would not allow this to happen only because holding it would cause a UTI... Maybe a walk together or a car ride would liven things up. I would be concerned that there is an underlying issue with the prolonged laziness....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Hmmmmm.... I would not allow this to happen only because holding it would cause a UTI... Maybe a walk together or a car ride would liven things up. I would be concerned that there is an underlying issue with the prolonged laziness....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

A walk would be awesome if he wasn't so darn lazy...When he gets outside he goes to the bathroom but then b lines for the door. As soon as he's done he RUNS back inside. So I know he's physically capable of moving fast. My boyfriend suggested that maybe he realizes the grass makes him itchy so he hates to go out....hmmm??? Perhaps?

Most Reactions