Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Not needing to pee, No pain

I generally have to push Bruin from where ever he is laying, through the kitchen to the door and down the stairs to go pee. It never seems like he NEEDS to go out. He's not in pain, he's not showing any distress. He doesn't drink a whole lot but still drinks and eats...he just never seems like he needs to pee. Once he's outside he will definitely pee and poop and he's not in pain when he's doing it. It's almost like he's just too lazy to go pee. I just don't get it. He's been like this for awhile but I'm getting so sick of literally making him go outside. Treats don't work either. treats don't make him do anything, he's so not food driven. So I decided to wait and see how long he goes until he lets us know he needs to go out (he does let us know, he uses the poochie bells when he needs to go). Its been almost 24 hours since he's pee'd and 17 hours since he's pooped. I read somewhere that the less active they are, the less they need to 'go'. Anyone know what his issue is, if he even has an issue?
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Not needing to pee, No pain

Wow... i never heard of this before -- may be is becasue he is just no active. I would not make it a trip to the vet, but next time there definitely talk about it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Charlotte never wants to go out. She'll hold it forever if we let her...It's not this extreme, we don't have to "drag" her out, but she definitely would never ask.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Our boxer is the same. I do have to drag her out when it is raining as she HATES the rain (go figure we live in Seattle). She would explode before having an accident in the house so we always have to remember to let her out.
    I am a master at planking......

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmm.... I would not allow this to happen only because holding it would cause a UTI... Maybe a walk together or a car ride would liven things up. I would be concerned that there is an underlying issue with the prolonged laziness....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Hmmmmm.... I would not allow this to happen only because holding it would cause a UTI... Maybe a walk together or a car ride would liven things up. I would be concerned that there is an underlying issue with the prolonged laziness....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    A walk would be awesome if he wasn't so darn lazy...When he gets outside he goes to the bathroom but then b lines for the door. As soon as he's done he RUNS back inside. So I know he's physically capable of moving fast. My boyfriend suggested that maybe he realizes the grass makes him itchy so he hates to go out....hmmm??? Perhaps?
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Remove Ads