URGENT!!! Gunny 'allegedly' ate an earring...

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
So my daughter and Gunny were wrestling on the ground, something they both know they are forbidden to do, and Gunny grabbed on to her earring and ripped it out.

We found the back, can't located the post, that being said, finding things in our carpet is like finding the list city of Atlantis.

Which leaves us to the large possibility that Gunny has ingested the post. *ahem*

Called our vet, we can go in for X-rays and if it is there choose to see if it passes naturally or opt for surgery. We can wait it out and see if he passes it (the suggested bread and mashed potatoes to help 'pad' it along the way). Also keeping watch for any behaviors, such as lack of poop or blood in the stool that would lead us to needing to go in and probably have surgery.

Currently we are opting for bread and the great poop search, also while vacuuming our carpet and searching the bag for the offending earring.

Anyone else had this situation? What did you choose?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has eaten many..many things..but not something like this. I hope you find it in your carpet. The only concern I would have is it's pointed. The size should not present any problem.

OP
Gunny B

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
After the great search of the obscenely full vacuum bag (filled with shards of glass from our sliding glass door - yet another adventure in our household) we have located the offending earring. *whew* ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345322871.251244.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yea! :hifive: Gunny is off the hook. :clap2: So now he deserves a special treat or toy for being blamed for something he didn't do. :stinkeye:

L

Lucy-licious

Oh thank god..what a relief to get a good ending after panicking during the first post. I hope your daughter has learned her lesson and will try to resist Gunny's cute face next time he wants to play rough :hug:

OP
Gunny B

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
I figured the two hamburger buns he was allowed to eat while attempting to 'pad' the travel was treat enough. He did actually rip the earring out of her ear so he isn't exactly innocent in this whole fiasco.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Gunny B

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luckily he didn't rip down, just out. It tore the skin around the hole a bit, so it bled, but I think it should heal just fine. I went and showed her photos online of people that had ripped the earring through the whole lobe. I suspect she will be more careful.

OP
Gunny B

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
As you can see, Gunny could care less about the ensuing mayhem around him.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345326678.055178.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad you found it, now you can take a deep breath! :whew:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Bulldogs, sometimes just oblivious, now go and enjoy the rest of the weekend :loco2:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.