JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh you poor thing, and poor Coco. I'm so glad you insisted on an xray and that so far she's doing good. She looked miserable in those pics up above before you took her in. Bless her :heart:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news! Praying for speedy full recovery!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks guys for ur lovely comments and support. We can pick her up at 5. So I will update about 6 !! Xxx

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Picking her up at 3:30 !! Oh my lord it's like picking her up for the 1st time all over again !!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
DEETS?

Basically she's been treated for mites. They were not clearing up so the vet give us antibiotics , thy think the antibiotic has killed all the good bacteria and it's cause her gut to spazam and not and that's how she got a blockage. She stared getting poorly friday night peeing and pooing in the house and she's never done that. Also she was being sick and off her food. Then yesterday she was really tired all day and just slept she wasn't eating. Then she was in the garden playing and when I called her she could only stand on her front legs and she was dragging her back legs. The vet thinks that she was just in to much pain to walk . sorry I haven't updated all the details av just been too busy worrying.

Quick update. Coco is doing great she's responding to the medication. Hopefully she shall be home tomorrow evening my god a cant wait to see her x

HOLY COW! I would have been freaking out too. Dragging back legs? YIKES. Demanding an xray was the very best thing you could do. I wonder why the doctor didn't think of that for crying out loud? I know. They aren't magicians but sheesh. Can you imagine would would have happened to Coco had that blockage continued? *shudder*

Glad she's on the mend. I appreciate the details. Guess what I'm going to do if anything like this happens to my pups? That's right; demand an xray.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Got in on this late and horrified that she had to go in to surgery but you saved Coco's life
by insisting on x-rays...GREAT INSTINCTS, MOM! I agree w/other posters here...you can
see the misery on her poor 'lil face...I'm furious w/Vet that would've sent her home
:cursing:

We've held y'all in prayers here since the mites started, she is dear to us and we care for
you! I rec'comend putting her on probiotics & prebiotics to strengthen her immune system
and her gut health & digestion. You can order off Internet, I can suggest some if need be.

Members online

No members online now.