Help Needed! Hives for the first time :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus is now 14 month old and got his first hive 2 days ago...I then noticed he had 2 more on his back leg. I gave him some benadryl and within a couple hours they werent as big but still there....He has 3 on his back leg and 2 on his right back leg and about 4-5 on his back...No scabs just raised bumps no redness or nothing...There has been no change in his diet/bedding/household everything has been the same for the last 12 mnths he has been with us. I hope he isnt becoming allergic to something that he has already been expsosed to and never had a reaction before....I am hearing all these tsories about mites/hives so I am starting to worry! He doesnt ever scratch so thats a plus! I did notice last night he had some redness on his chest and after the nightime benardryl dose it went right away....Any ideas what is causing this??? Anything I can do during bath time (acv/water) I belive thats what it is.

I did take pictures but cant upload them until I get home :( Any help is much appreciated

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry, that should be in the thread for "heat rash, food allergies, bug bites"

Its nothing like that! Poor Dubbie that looked uncomfortable...Glad things are under control now...Brutus has Just a couple bumps and the redness was small and on his chest but not bright red just looked irritated and now its gone! The hives are still there so I am so confused as to what is causing this!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be a bug bite or spider bite.... outside for a period of time yesterday?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would think it's likely that it is environmental...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Could be a bug bite or spider bite.... outside for a period of time yesterday?

:hmm: He was outside at night time hanging with us ..... He is on Advantix :( Oyyyyyyy We just scheduled an appt for the bullie vet in NY...They cant see us until Tuesday next week :( Is that too long to wait? Arent hives supposed to itch?

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Im thinking the same thing! I just got scared b/c he has never had them and nothing has changed in his daily routine or where he goes potty outside :confused:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: He was outside at night time hanging with us ..... He is on Advantix :( Oyyyyyyy We just scheduled an appt for the bullie vet in NY...They cant see us until Tuesday next week :( Is that too long to wait? Arent hives supposed to itch?

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Im thinking the same thing! I just got scared b/c he has never had them and nothing has changed in his daily routine or where he goes potty outside :confused:

not sure, but i do not think Advanitx wards off spiders... Banks got the hives REALLY bad from touching a tree she is allergic to

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
not sure, but i do not think Advanitx wards off spiders... Banks got the hives REALLY bad from touching a tree she is allergic to

Yea I just checked it doesnt :( Ughhhhh I was freaking out b/c of all the thread about mites and hives :( Hubby thinks he is now allergic to things he might not have been allergic to before....What can I do besides giving him the benadryl? I will post the pictures later to see what you think

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh no!!! These bully's are such a worry aren't they!!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no!!! These bully's are such a worry aren't they!!

So much! I was freaking out b/c so far for 14 mnths no signs of allergies (except when he was eating SG lamb/rice) he has been eating fromm beef for 8 mnths now and all is good! We are going to see one of the top bullie vets in our area :) I want a skin scraping just to be sure!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yea I just checked it doesnt :( Ughhhhh I was freaking out b/c of all the thread about mites and hives :( Hubby thinks he is now allergic to things he might not have been allergic to before....What can I do besides giving him the benadryl? I will post the pictures later to see what you think

Roe --- this is Banks all because of touching and Alder tree

IMG_4991.jpg

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Roe --- this is Banks all because of touching and Alder tree

IMG_4991.jpg

Oh my ...poor baby Banks! I have been giving him benadryl but no change and I'm noticing a couple more on his back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so that explains my grammar :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.