Help Needed! Fed up to my back teeth. Mites/lumps

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I need to vent guys. Am bloody sick !!! Coco has had a real bad night scratching and now we have noticed a hard big lump under her skin on her shoulder. It must be hurting her cause she pulls away when I touch it. Poor wee thing !!!! I just don't no what to do no more she just doesn't seem to be getting better :(.

Thanks guys.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I understand your frustration, try to keep her calm, stress isn't good at a time like this for anyone. The more stressed she becomes, the more she will scratch out of excitement and pant heavily. have you tried to rinse her in a Mother Apple Cider Vinegar mix with 50% water 50% ACV ? Some yogurt and a hug and kiss

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Try the neem oil/lavender oil combination. The lavender will soothe her and the neem will start killing those mites off. Maybe try an oatmeal bath first?

((hugs)) I know it is hard but if you do what the vet recommended and add in some things to help boost her own immune system, it WILL get better, it will just take time. Boosting her immune system and the meds don't work overnight.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I need to vent guys. Am bloody sick !!! Coco has had a real bad night scratching and now we have noticed a hard big lump under her skin on her shoulder. It must be hurting her cause she pulls away when I touch it. Poor wee thing !!!! I just don't no what to do no more she just doesn't seem to be getting better :(.

[MENTION=4685]Cocosmammy123[/MENTION]...Honey, we so understand...having our babies sick and suffering, we feel so helpless but just keep
using these great suggestions and following your Vet's advice and you will see a difference soon, you will!

Keep a T-shirt on her, use the soothing & calming treatments, put her on the bland diet of boiled hamburger (drained)
w/white rice and most certainly, Benadryl and if it doesn't work for her (as it doesn't for all dogs) then use a different
antihistamine to help control her itchiness.

Hang in there, Mom...we are praying for y'all!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks guys. It's just so hard at the minute. :( poor coco. She was sick and peed an pooped last night in the house some thing she hasn't done for a long time. So I couldn't really shout cause she's poorly.

What should I do about this big lump guys. It's not like the rest it's big and under her skin. !! ??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks guys. It's just so hard at the minute. :( poor coco. She was sick and peed an pooped last night in the house some thing she hasn't done for a long time. So I couldn't really shout cause she's poorly.

What should I do about this big lump guys. It's not like the rest it's big and under her skin. !! ??

I wonder if she caused an abcess from scratching? I would certainly be bringing her to the vet to have it checked. When you say she is doing poorly how is her appetite? Eating and drinking okay? Have you checked her temperature? Poor sweet baby....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

L

Lucy-licious

Oh dear..she really is going through the mill :hug: I agree with Lisa [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], it's possible the hard lump is an abscess caused by the scratching :( if she seems more poorly you definitely need to get her back to your vet ASAP xx our vet does weekend clinics for urgent needs does yours?? :hug: for you both this is obviously very upsetting for you xx

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Yeah she peeing on the floor and that's really not like her. She's has some food not alot an she's drinking. All she's doing is sleeping she's just not herself :(. Poor baby x

L

Lucy-licious

Yeah she peeing on the floor and that's really not like her. She's has some food not alot an she's drinking. All she's doing is sleeping she's just not herself :(. Poor baby x

Did the vet give you antibiotics? you should usually see improvement after the first 24+ hrs...hang in there sweety. Its rough when theyre poorly :hug:

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345309402.191001.jpg not a very good pic but u can see we're the lump is. It's bigger in real life lol x

Most Reactions