Help Needed! Is it all good for his diet ??

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Hi i am just curios if i fee him more than i should is it okay? I dont go too crazy but i am a bodybuilder so everytime i eat , he looks at me and i just cant stop giving him some food too , i will write down what i give him

He is currently 5 months

I am suppose to give him 1 pattie of raw food (mixed organ liver etc ) a day i give him 1,5 patties ,

Everytime i eat i give him 4-5 piece of broccolis and cauliflower

I throw him a buffalo bone once a week ,

Almost every night one or one and a half tabespoon peanut butter ,

Almost everyday half apple

Almost everyday half banana

Every 3-4 days , half cup blue berriez

He gets multi vitamin

Glucosamine

And flax seed oil as supplements
I am thinking of adding coq 10 as well but this is the list for now ...

I was upsad cause everyone was saying ohh he is so skinny etc when he had problems with kibbles ... But now he is doing well , and starting to get siZe , now he is 20 pounds !!! :))) i actually want him to be abit muscular and massive , as long as i dont feed him bad things i think it should be fine to make him participate on my lunches ??

OP
Deniztokcan

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345235405.807024.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345235436.849514.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345235450.687031.jpg

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I think you are giving him good things. Personally, I would cut back on HOW MUCH you are giving him. The raw patties are fine but maybe 2 slices of apple instead of a whole half. Know what I mean? Instead of 1/2 a banana, how about just a bite. Just a few blueberries instead of a half cup. I really don't think he needs all of the extras over his raw food. They can't really digest it anyway and it might make him FAT which a bulldog does not need. There is a lot of debate on whether there is even any nutritional value to any of that stuff for a dog. I, personally, don't think there is, but that is for you to research and decide.

People have different ideas about supplements so I really won't go into that. Do your research and make your own decisions.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would not give too much garlic as it can cause them to become anemic.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, I looked at his picture and he is not fat by any means! I guess you don't have to worry about feeding him too much! He looks a tiny bit thin but probably because he is in his lanky stage :).

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

AS with some HUMAN 2 legged people, some are very lean on muscle, or low on BMI. The same thing happens with dogs.

Despite what a cartoon image of a bulldog IS, they are NOT very muscular by nature. Of course they CAN become very fat. Finding the balance between them is important.

At 5 months they are very lanky, growing fast and need good quality food and exercise.

BULLDOGS are always hungry. Period.

Feeding a high quality food, (prefer non-chicken, parts or meal, also grain free). Never FREE feed. At 5 months, I have a male right now that I give 3c @ day in two feedings. Also yogurt and cottage cheese 2x @ week.

The fruits might taste good, but honestly offer limited value. Frozen green beans are great as a filler and as a treat.

Keep reading, keep asking questions, keep posting pictures, check with vet.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.