Help Needed! No antibiotics

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
Okay , friends , my boy had this green smagma kinda thing comming out from his wehee usually in the mornings ... So we went to vet and got a solution , sp every 2 days i injected on his wehee and clean it for 3 days in a week , for one week , when i was @ vet , he said it might be an infection he showed me from the microscope. But i dont understand ... Anyway before we were talking about neutralizing him , and i am not looking very forward for it since he might bree with an other dog ... He called me by phone and asked me if the green thing continued ... I said yea thos morning he had a littlebit than suddenly he asked me , when is our schedule for neutralizing him ? Well i said we dont have a schedule and actually i am npt sure pf getting him neutralized now .. Than he said , if we neutralize him it will cure the green thing as well , cuz he can not give antibiotics to treat that now cuz he is younger than 8 month !! Im very confused of whats goin on right now , when i am asking what kind of infection it is he tells me 2 possibilities ... I wanted to get a second opinion but i am really short on money to take him for a second opinion

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
WAIT STOP

Do not get surgery if you are not sure WHAT the prob IS !

Just like with people, get a second opinion.

Does your vet specialize in bulldogs?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello,

What did the very say the infections were?

And even puppies can be give antibiotics.

Good Day~

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Like [MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION] said, puppies can have antibiotics. What exactly did he say the problem was?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It may be time to find agood bully vet and see what they say first.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is common for growing male puppies to have some green goop come out during their growing phase. I have heard of some that do it a lot. Because of the green color it is common for us to instantly think infection.

When Tidus was about 6 months old I took him to the vet for an eye ulcer, and when he got up from the table there was a bunch of the green stuff coming out of his penis and I was freaking out! My vet then reassured me it was common for his age and not to worry. I have seen several postings here on this site with the same concern and outcome.

If he dies not have a fever, it is not an infection. Check his temperature regally with a thermometer and at his age it should be between 99-102 F

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Our Usko is the king of green goop. He is very virile 22 months old boy and it just means that we have to flush it and keep clean. Luckily he can't reach it himself, bc he loves to nipple my ear as well:luv:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Our Usko is the king of green goop. He is very virile 22 months old boy and it just means that we have to flush it and keep clean. Luckily he can't reach it himself, bc he loves to nipple my ear as well:luv:

[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]...Mr Brutie, who is my adopted Bully of 2 months loves to nibble my ears as well, however, if I allow it to continue more than
a couple of seconds, it triggers humping action in him. A stern 'NO' stops him (he has such great manners)...does this happen w/Usko?

BTW, we are praying over Usko's condition, you are doing such an awesome job w/his diet & health...what a great & loving Mom you are!

How exciting about doing the magazine article and educating the public on his condition...way to go :2thumbs:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
@RiiSi...Mr Brutie, who is my adopted Bully of 2 months loves to nibble my ears as well, however, if I allow it to continue more than
a couple of seconds, it triggers humping action in him. A stern 'NO' stops him (he has such great manners)...does this happen w/Usko?

BTW, we are praying over Usko's condition, you are doing such an awesome job w/his diet & health...what a great & loving Mom you are!

How exciting about doing the magazine article and educating the public on his condition...way to go :2thumbs:

Thank you Carol, there's really nothing I wouldn't do for him.
I'm excited about the article too. There was a general article about Hyperuricosuria in the last issue and that prompted me to make a web page about Usko's condition. Knowing that it's not going to be a hit, but I posted it in the Facebook and some of the right people saw it and bc not everybody is in Facebook, I got a contact from the magazine so we get to tell our story there too.

Usko is very virile and can get a full e...n and hump the air, but he has never even tried to hump anything or anybody. Your doing a good job with him bc he stops on command, I know that some don't have such good manners.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I just had to take Mikey to the vet yesterday. He was peeing blood and crying when wiped. He is my almost 5 month old Spina Bifida baby. He has a massive infection in his pee pee at the base. They put him on Cipro and rimadyl. If that doesnt work then we go back to open up and biopsy.

What yours sounds like is a normal thing. I would get a second opinion.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I just had to take Mikey to the vet yesterday. He was peeing blood and crying when wiped. He is my almost 5 month old Spina Bifida baby. He has a massive infection in his pee pee at the base. They put him on Cipro and rimadyl. If that doesnt work then we go back to open up and biopsy.

You deserve lots of BullyBucks and praise for taking care of you SB baby. Anything we can do for support or advice lets us know.

My prayers be with you and Mikey.

Amen,

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman is 6 months and has been on two types of antibiotics in the past couple of months - Clavamox at 6 months to prevent any skin infection when he got mange and Cephalexin at 3 or 4 months for an infection from a cut on his chest.

Maybe your vet think he's needed some stronger antibiotic for it?

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank has had this same issue several times. He is a very excitable :blush2: boy. we were also given a solution to squirt in and he was also put on antibiotics. we also clean him with the solution (vet gave us a huge bottle) every couple weeks per vets suggestion to flush out anything he may have picked up when excited and went back in with it. by flushing every so often it prevents infection. The vet told us that were most likely gonna keep having the issue till we get him fixed due to him just being overly happy lol!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.