URGENT!!! Heat rash, food allergie, bug bites??

Bombon

Aug 3, 2012
Mission hill
Bulldog(s) Names
Bombon
My 6 month English bulldog has this big problem since i got her 3 months ago i took her to the Vet. the first time, and they did'nt know what was wrong with her they charged me alot of $ to just give me benadryl and antibiotic the first time it did go away but this thrird time its back and very bad today i saw she starting bleeding they look like bug bites but i see no bugs in my apt. i throw out her bedding twice thinking its the fabric or the dirt but still bad, replace her food from Wellness for puppys to Natural Balance limited ingridients diet, i replace her shampoo for tea tree shampoo it suppost to release her itch and swollenness but seems not to work i stoped taking her out side for her potty trips because afraid grass was the problem, or the sun but still problem continues am very worry for her because it,s an abundance of red bumps all over her body, oh and shes drinkin alot of water and eating all her food potty its solid no softness you know what i mean, i dont think it's food allergies, any of you might have a advice that might work??

photo (1).jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oooohhhhhh damn, that's not good. try to keep her out of the heat, keep her cool, they look like hives from what I can tell. How sudden did they come on, has anything changed? food? damn, that's gotta hurt , have you seen a vet? try a apple cider vinegar rinse, 50% / 50? and leave it on. and benadryl 25 mg per 25 pounds, could be an allergy to the protien if it's chicken or jeesh I'm really not positive on any of this, because it's so wide spread and just covered. How long has she had this condition? please reply

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I have had the same problem for over 2 weeks now. The vet told us today they Are mites !!! X

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Then it's her imune system that's down, try adding yogurt and vitamins to the diet.

revreed

Aug 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Max E.
my 1yr fm has had a very bad itch spot on her right shoulder 6 months. i have spent 500 at the vet and nothing seems to work. I need HELP also.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be a bug bite that caused her to break out in hives.... Benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day. if no change ,,, get her to a vet for a steroid shot

Patty Roby

Apr 4, 2012
Bay City, Michigan, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
It must be the year for that. Poor Spike looked similar for a while. Vet said it was staph and gave him an antibiotic. And it came back soon after. I read about the cider vinegar and it worked great. I used about a cup in a 2 quart bowl and just poured it on after his bath. A bit smelly but way way better than the Selsun Blue I tried first. And I changed his dog food. It is really hard around here to find anything that doesn't have chicken. He is still irritated between his toes.

Good Luck!

kari7682

Aug 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
chewy
our bully chewy has been to the vet numerous times and honestly needs his own wing for this issue...the last time which was last week...our vet diagnosed it as 'allergy dermatitis...' gave him a steroid shot...steroid pill and an antibiotic...as well as a medicated bath which i also have to do once a week for three weeks...but it is an ongoing issue with us too...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sure looks like hives to me ..... try the apple cider vinegar ... try the benadryl ... then look closely at the food ingredients. A LOT of bullys are allergic to chicken and grain. If the food has that in it ...well it could be worth changing foods too!!

lovinmybullie

Mar 26, 2010
Our 4 year old "Pootie" started looking exactly like that about 5 months ago, scratching, licking his paws, shaking his head, At first we thought it was a food allergy, so we held back his dog food (Royal Canin Bulldog 24) for a couple days and fed him rice & chicken, but the bumps and rash stayed the same, than we thought it was fleas, b/c we do live in an apartment complex with lots of other dogs and had skipped his flea medicine that month, than we thought it was the shampoo we were using, which was oatmeal based, so finally after about 4-5 days of racking our brains we took him to his vet, who said it didn't look like a food allergy, but he was allergic to something, and than gave me the "bulldog's have many skin problems", and wanted almost $500 for blood work to tell me what he was allergic to, since times are a little tough right now and we can not afford the blood work, "Pootie" get's an allergy shot about every 25 days, usually around the 22-23rd day the bumps and rash start occuring again, He did get a staff infection from the bumps/rash and is now on an antibiotic, which is seaming to work. I don't like him getting the shot b/c it is a steroid, so it makes him VERY thirsty, which makes him pee alot and seems to make him lazier than he already is. Hopefully you will get some answers and your little girl will be at ease.

Lolita

Jun 16, 2010
Laval, Qc, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Destiny and Maximus
My Lola is going through it also the vet gave her antibiotics and just got The Nzymes that is supposed to work wonders, good luck

L

Lucy-licious

My 6 month English bulldog has this big problem since i got her 3 months ago i took her to the Vet. the first time, and they did'nt know what was wrong with her they charged me alot of $ to just give me benadryl and antibiotic the first time it did go away but this thrird time its back and very bad today i saw she starting bleeding they look like bug bites but i see no bugs in my apt. i throw out her bedding twice thinking its the fabric or the dirt but still bad, replace her food from Wellness for puppys to Natural Balance limited ingridients diet, i replace her shampoo for tea tree shampoo it suppost to release her itch and swollenness but seems not to work i stoped taking her out side for her potty trips because afraid grass was the problem, or the sun but still problem continues am very worry for her because it,s an abundance of red bumps all over her body, oh and shes drinkin alot of water and eating all her food potty its solid no softness you know what i mean, i dont think it's food allergies, any of you might have a advice that might work??

View attachment 25909View attachment 25910View attachment 25911

I would take her back to the vets and ask them to do a skin scrape for mites. That looks really bad and what ever the cause she needs some medical attention again. If your not confident with the vet you went to last time then try a new one, but ask them to do a skin scrape xxx

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
I have no good advice, but I wanted to send my wishes for a diagnosis and speedy recovery. That looks so painful and uncomfortable for your baby. If and when you do figure out what it is, please come back and post. It is so very helpful for all of us bully newbies :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
my 1yr fm has had a very bad itch spot on her right shoulder 6 months. i have spent 500 at the vet and nothing seems to work. I need HELP also.

:hiya: Sorry your bullie is going through this also. Maybe you can post a thread with a picture so you we can see what it looks like. Its easier with pictures....:) There are lots of good people of this site with a wealth of information and experience.

Let me know if you need any help getting around the forum

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.