Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heat rash, food allergie, bug bites??

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Heat rash, food allergie, bug bites??

Quote Originally Posted by Bombon View Post
    My 6 month English bulldog has this big problem since i got her 3 months ago i took her to the Vet. the first time, and they did'nt know what was wrong with her they charged me alot of $ to just give me benadryl and antibiotic the first time it did go away but this thrird time its back and very bad today i saw she starting bleeding they look like bug bites but i see no bugs in my apt. i throw out her bedding twice thinking its the fabric or the dirt but still bad, replace her food from Wellness for puppys to Natural Balance limited ingridients diet, i replace her shampoo for tea tree shampoo it suppost to release her itch and swollenness but seems not to work i stoped taking her out side for her potty trips because afraid grass was the problem, or the sun but still problem continues am very worry for her because it,s an abundance of red bumps all over her body, oh and shes drinkin alot of water and eating all her food potty its solid no softness you know what i mean, i dont think it's food allergies, any of you might have a advice that might work??

Attachment 25909Attachment 25910Attachment 25911

Here are the pics of Dublin with a terrible case of Hives. She is mostly white also and while I don't have a "full coat" view. She looked exactly like your third pic. As I said a shot of steroids ( hate them but in this case she needed it) and then Benydryl daily without fail. Hope these photos help you and the vet.

-dublinhive2-jpg-dublinhive3-jpg-dublinhive4-jpg-dublinhives1-jpg

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i also just want to say that when sarah has hives zyrtec seems to work better for her than benadryl. hers of course are not as bad as the pics above but you can also give zyrtec if benadryl is not working. i have also given sarah both on occasion if one did not work alone. if they are bad enough some prednisone or a shot maybe needed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bombon
    Likes (Received)

Arrow Re: Heat rash, food allergie, bug bites??

Hi everyone thank you once again for the tips I tried a couple of ideas but waitn on the results, happy to say Bombon she still a litle itchy but she's lookin better I change her food and am waiting if all the red bumps go away, I can say her red irritated skin (belly) its lookin way better right now, I did ran to the pet store and got a tea tree & aloha shampoo witch I think it's helping and also Benadryl it's a must,,

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bombon
    Likes (Received)

well bombon just turn 1 this past month she is doing great, her rash, allergy ,food rash never came back after I moved from the building I was staying at, it had something to do with the carpet!! am sure now.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombon View Post
    well bombon just turn 1 this past month she is doing great, her rash, allergy ,food rash never came back after I moved from the building I was staying at, it had something to do with the carpet!! am sure now.

WOW... just goes to tell us, it can be anything that these babies are sensitive too. Thank for the update... so glad he is doing well
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

OUCH...that looks so uncomfortable when Forde goes outside , and it happens every year around this time, his stomach breaks out all over, the breeder told me that it could happen being that their little tummies are so low to the ground and the grass irritates it....her solution was each time he comes in check his tummy and if its starting to break out spray it with listerine....i do it each time it happens and with in 30 minutes to an hour his tummy is all cleared up!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Listerine
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Bully Bootie Duty My kids have 4 paws's Avatar
    Real Name
    Katie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus and Paisley
    Likes (Received)

Yikes!!! Poor baby!!! I hope baby gets better and thanks for the post. It's helpful

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Yes...listerine.....and it makes the rash disappear......but the rash is not inflamed as these pics above look to be......poor baby!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

I learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads