Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heat rash, food allergie, bug bites??

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Heat rash, food allergie, bug bites??

Quote Originally Posted by Bombon View Post
    My 6 month English bulldog has this big problem since i got her 3 months ago i took her to the Vet. the first time, and they did'nt know what was wrong with her they charged me alot of $ to just give me benadryl and antibiotic the first time it did go away but this thrird time its back and very bad today i saw she starting bleeding they look like bug bites but i see no bugs in my apt. i throw out her bedding twice thinking its the fabric or the dirt but still bad, replace her food from Wellness for puppys to Natural Balance limited ingridients diet, i replace her shampoo for tea tree shampoo it suppost to release her itch and swollenness but seems not to work i stoped taking her out side for her potty trips because afraid grass was the problem, or the sun but still problem continues am very worry for her because it,s an abundance of red bumps all over her body, oh and shes drinkin alot of water and eating all her food potty its solid no softness you know what i mean, i dont think it's food allergies, any of you might have a advice that might work??

Attachment 25909Attachment 25910Attachment 25911

I would take her back to the vets and ask them to do a skin scrape for mites. That looks really bad and what ever the cause she needs some medical attention again. If your not confident with the vet you went to last time then try a new one, but ask them to do a skin scrape xxx

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)

I have no good advice, but I wanted to send my wishes for a diagnosis and speedy recovery. That looks so painful and uncomfortable for your baby. If and when you do figure out what it is, please come back and post. It is so very helpful for all of us bully newbies

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by revreed View Post
    my 1yr fm has had a very bad itch spot on her right shoulder 6 months. i have spent 500 at the vet and nothing seems to work. I need HELP also.
    Sorry your bullie is going through this also. Maybe you can post a thread with a picture so you we can see what it looks like. Its easier with pictures.... There are lots of good people of this site with a wealth of information and experience.

Let me know if you need any help getting around the forum
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmybullie View Post
    Our 4 year old "Pootie" started looking exactly like that about 5 months ago, scratching, licking his paws, shaking his head, At first we thought it was a food allergy, so we held back his dog food (Royal Canin Bulldog 24) for a couple days and fed him rice & chicken, but the bumps and rash stayed the same, than we thought it was fleas, b/c we do live in an apartment complex with lots of other dogs and had skipped his flea medicine that month, than we thought it was the shampoo we were using, which was oatmeal based, so finally after about 4-5 days of racking our brains we took him to his vet, who said it didn't look like a food allergy, but he was allergic to something, and than gave me the "bulldog's have many skin problems", and wanted almost $500 for blood work to tell me what he was allergic to, since times are a little tough right now and we can not afford the blood work, "Pootie" get's an allergy shot about every 25 days, usually around the 22-23rd day the bumps and rash start occuring again, He did get a staff infection from the bumps/rash and is now on an antibiotic, which is seaming to work. I don't like him getting the shot b/c it is a steroid, so it makes him VERY thirsty, which makes him pee alot and seems to make him lazier than he already is. Hopefully you will get some answers and your little girl will be at ease.
    Hi there! Have you tried a grain free diet for Pootie? Maybe try to control it without steroid if thats possible and save the money to get the allergy test...Try to call around vets in the area(if you have a couple good bullie vets to choose from) and see if you can find a lower price. I am sorry you both are going through this If you try grain free it may really help and chicken free to start and see where you can start. I will tag @cowsmom she will definatley be able to help you with this.
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmybullie View Post
    Our 4 year old "Pootie" started looking exactly like that about 5 months ago, scratching, licking his paws, shaking his head, At first we thought it was a food allergy, so we held back his dog food (Royal Canin Bulldog 24) for a couple days and fed him rice & chicken, but the bumps and rash stayed the same, than we thought it was fleas, b/c we do live in an apartment complex with lots of other dogs and had skipped his flea medicine that month, than we thought it was the shampoo we were using, which was oatmeal based, so finally after about 4-5 days of racking our brains we took him to his vet, who said it didn't look like a food allergy, but he was allergic to something, and than gave me the "bulldog's have many skin problems", and wanted almost $500 for blood work to tell me what he was allergic to, since times are a little tough right now and we can not afford the blood work, "Pootie" get's an allergy shot about every 25 days, usually around the 22-23rd day the bumps and rash start occuring again, He did get a staff infection from the bumps/rash and is now on an antibiotic, which is seaming to work. I don't like him getting the shot b/c it is a steroid, so it makes him VERY thirsty, which makes him pee alot and seems to make him lazier than he already is. Hopefully you will get some answers and your little girl will be at ease.
    its so hard to tell with these guys what it is that bothering them. i usually start with food and go from there. you say you did chicken and rice for a couple of days but it can take longer for symptoms to clear up. also maybe try beef and rice for a bit longer than a few days like a week or so. you could also try a probiotic and maybe a vitamin to try and get the immune system going again. ill help with food all i can

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh, my...first, get her back on the benedryl. That will likely help her for now. She looks like she needs a skin scrape for sure. I would do what I could to get one and then start to boost her immune system with fish oil, probiotics and a raw egg two to three times a week. You can also give some coconut oil. Mine eat it off of a spoon (since it is solid unless heated) or you can put some on her food.

I usually will start with a food change too because it could CERTAINLY be food. BUT it could be something environmental. Consider these things:

What are you cleaning your floors with?
    Are you putting anything on your carpets before you vacuum?
    What are you washing her bedding with or cleaning her crate with?
    Does she sleep with you? If so, what detergent are you using on your own bed.
    What are you washing her with?

If it were me, immediately I would give her some benedryl. Then I would give her a bath with vinegar/water just in case it is something environmental. That might help get it off of her. Put her in a T-shirt to help protect her skin until you figure it out. I would put her on bland diet of hamburger and rice (just boil the burger and strain it). Do that for a week or so and then start a new, grain free, gluten free, chicken free food. Preferably one with only ONE protein source such as NVI lamb. Those are just things that MIGHT help you get a handle on today but she needs to get to the vet as soon as you can.

Good luck and PLEASE let us know how she does and what you decide to do.

That poor baby!!!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Excellent advice above, poor dear that looks very itchy!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

franklin has the same thing but not as bad its from fleas I used frontline plus an that did not work one bit I used k9 advantix 2 last night an already he's flea free I did the house too with spray. Are they like little pus pimples cause that's what franklin has. He's still itchy so I'm hoping that's what its from cause nothing else has changed. But I use ACV an it works great I love the stuff he had gotten a yeast infection on his tail from eating Fromm puppy gold an I used ACV an In 4 days it was gone so I would try it I put it in a spray bottle an I poor it on baby wipes an in there water it does wonders.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bombon
    Likes (Received)

thanks every one for your tips i realy need them, As of today i change her food hopefuly that does good, am gonna try couple of things, see what i come across and i will let ya'll know whats the outcome..

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocosmammy123 View Post
    Are u meaning coco hun x

yes, and sorry I'm late, also the ACV the kind that has the mother in it. Raw ACV it's in the health food section. Brand name is BRAGG
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombon View Post
    My 6 month English bulldog has this big problem since i got her 3 months ago i took her to the Vet. the first time, and they did'nt know what was wrong with her they charged me alot of $ to just give me benadryl and antibiotic the first time it did go away but this thrird time its back and very bad today i saw she starting bleeding they look like bug bites but i see no bugs in my apt. i throw out her bedding twice thinking its the fabric or the dirt but still bad, replace her food from Wellness for puppys to Natural Balance limited ingridients diet, i replace her shampoo for tea tree shampoo it suppost to release her itch and swollenness but seems not to work i stoped taking her out side for her potty trips because afraid grass was the problem, or the sun but still problem continues am very worry for her because it,s an abundance of red bumps all over her body, oh and shes drinkin alot of water and eating all her food potty its solid no softness you know what i mean, i dont think it's food allergies, any of you might have a advice that might work??

Attachment 25909Attachment 25910Attachment 25911
    It looks like a really bad case of hives. This has just been the worst year for all kinds of allergies and our bullies are so suseptible to all of the environmental things that are "thrown" on us. Dublin had such a bad case that the Vet gave her a shot of steroids to quickly boost that immune system. You need a shot not pills as you want a good "attack" on them. Then Benydryl. Dublin gets it 3x a day and can't let a day go by without it. If your vet is not a "Bully vet" ( mine is) then he/she might not now. I think the more changes you make to her diet and everything else may hinder not help at this point. I will look for photos of Dublin at her very worst and post them here for you to see. Maybe you can show my pics to your vet and tell them what course of treatment she had. Hang in there.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel and Rocky
    Likes (Received)

poor baby, my bully had it several weeks ago took him to the vet said it was an allergic reaction to something NOT... it was a heat rash. friend has a bulky he explained to me what it was, keep dry (no cold
    compresses) talc powder and ask the vet for a I Beleive it was a cortizon<---spelling shot...by that night it was gone. I even tried to give him Benedryl pills that did nothing for the rash maybe for the itch ...thru tried to tell me to change his food change his bedding had nothing to do with it... goodluck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads