Help Needed! Tired of paying for medicine that doesn't work........

OP
S

stefambrose

Feb 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thank you to all!!! I will get the Optimmune drops and change her food out. Will let you guys know how it goes :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thank you to all!!! I will get the Optimmune drops and change her food out. Will let you guys know how it goes :)

It's worth trying. I have found Optimmune available online but you still may need a prescription for it. Just dont expect instant success with any food change because the old food stays in their system for many weeks. Another tip is to put a tblsp. of Canned Pumpkin (NOT pie filling) in the mixture when transitioning. This will help greatly during the transition to keep her from having runny poo. Also be careful not to overfeed.

OP
S

stefambrose

Feb 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Oh real quick....I noticed this optimunne has a generic called cyclosporin....cyclosporin is actually the medicine I've been giving her with no luck...It is a yellow liquid eye drop? ...I notice the optimunne looks more like a gel tube tho... same thing or no?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I looked up optical cyclosporin and it says that it isn't necessarily for the symptoms but actually a medicine that will help them produce the maximum amount of tears possible and that it can take several months (up to 6) to start seeing a benefit. I also found that Optimunne is a cyclosporin drug.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Oh real quick....I noticed this optimunne has a generic called cyclosporin....cyclosporin is actually the medicine I've been giving her with no luck...It is a yellow liquid eye drop? ...I notice the optimunne looks more like a gel tube tho... same thing or no?

.2% cyclsporin. It is CLEAR and a gel. I put about a 1/8" long piece on the tip of my finger and transfer it to the inside of her eye lid that I roll back with my other hand. Im careful not to touch her eye and always wash my hands just before doing it. Her vet recommended using the tip of the tube instead of my finger but I have better control with my finger. I think because it is a gel it will stay in her eye longer than a liquid. Not the same thing I dont think

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.