Several questions

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
1. My big boy Ruger pees in his sleep,will this ever stop should we go to vet?
2. Audrey licks her paws, help
3. They both eat trees, yes they have demolished small trees and large bushes could I spray apple bitter to stop?(btw they have tons of heavy duty chew toys inside and out)
4. I do not have human children yet only dog children so does anybody else speak baby to their bullies? My bf makes fun of me daily ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344995288.961909.jpg
I'm sure I will have more questions later
Thank you
J

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ummmmmm.....
1.peeing in his sleep...:nope:
2.paw licking..sign of allergy..probably food
3.trees? Eating? Ohhhh my..ànd I thought Jake ate everything!
4.baby talk...I'm pretty sure that's a common affliction!

Hold on..I'm sure you'll get hèlp!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya:

The peeing in his sleep I am not sure ....THe paw licking is most likely a food allergy....Have you had any allergy testing done for them? What are you currently feeding ?

Ill tag some others also [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

OP
Jenni

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
Well thanks Audrey just started a new food from vet(she has to lose 15lbs!) it's called Rd ?,?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I havent heard of RD.... You can check out our food recomendations list http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings Its gives a great guidlene when choosing a good food. In my opinion vets dont really know good nutritiin in food and push products they make commisson on...I feed Fromm and love it its Grain Free and rated 6 star :)

You can switch to a good food and feed somehwat less if she needs to lose a little :) Food is main reason most likey with the paw licking..Tht can turn to yeasty paswd and sores from them licking so much....Hope this helps and more will be by with more advice :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
1, get his bladder checked, could be weak which causes that... if bladder is fine - i am stumped
2. as others have said -- sign of an allergy -- ask you vet for a full blood screen allergy test to help you know what to avoid. also, you can give 1mg benedryl per pound of dog 2 x per day to help
3. My two eat grass and weeds... no idea why, but they love the stuff
4. Welcome to the club!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well thanks Audrey just started a new food from vet(she has to lose 15lbs!) it's called Rd ?,?

Well..the vet foods are really crap! And sadly most vets just take the salespeople's word for it! If I were you I'd get them on a highly rated food and cut back the amount. Use frozen green beans as a snack. We have a gret Dog Food Ratings article here..whatever you decide..it's important to do a slow transition so you don't get Bully's with bad tummy's!

csandvik

Jul 3, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
Hello,

1. Maybe a UTI? >Definitely heck with your vet.
2. As others have said, an allergy probably. However, just check to make sure there isn't anything in there.
3. Not sure what to tell you about the trees and shrubs. Maybe a spray bottle?
4. This is a side effect of bulldog ownership:D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
1. i dont know really
2. paw licking usually means and allergy to something food is usually number one. rd would be hills science diet rd right? science diet is crap really and cost a fortune to. if you need food help i can be of assistance.
3. wow my bostons eat everything but sarah is pretty good she doesnt eat anything but food really.
4. yes we all baby talk lol

OP
Jenni

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
Great info and advice everyone!!
THANK YOU 

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Your fur babies are beautiful!

1. Vet will probably want a urine sample to rule out a urinary tract infection.
2. My Mr. Wilson has allergies and most definitely licks his paws all the time. I wash his paws with Hibiclens to keep them from developing inter digital cysts and keeps the fur from turning yeasty red. He's been allergy tested so I know it's environmental and not food.
3. I use to have roses in my back yard but I removed all of them to prevent my bullies from getting their eyes scratched. I only have three citrus trees and one crepe myrtle but my dogs have never bothered those other than making them pee targets.
4. Yes, I talk to my baby wabies all the time in baby talk and constantly tell them how cute and or how pretty they are.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.........Glad you came here for help..... I hope you didnt buy a large bag of that crap that the vet recommended. Vet's are great in many ways but very few of them know about food and fewer yet know about bullies and food. The food company comes in, gives their pitch, and tells the vet all the money he will make on their food and that's about it. Please read thru this site, especially about food. We can help... Thanx again for joining EBN :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.