Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I'll have to look at the videos tinight at home. They have blocked you tube here at work. Thanks much!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
oops - tonight

There are some videos on EBN also if you search tremor and look for thread with a paper clip (most likely video attached) I know [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has some videos that would help also...

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I have a adult Bullie that has had head shakes for several years. He is almost 5 years old now. This is the simple type of head shake and NOT a seizure or granmal type. This type of head shake/tremor is not VERY common, but common enough in Bullies. Our research found that there are a few common reasons that this can happen.

The main concern is that when this is Happening, is the dog still able to walk, respond and have control.

In our case our dog was able to walk, respond and have control. So we learned what was the cause usually and what helped.

What we found was that THIS big guy didn't like to go outside as much as the other dogs did. And when the OTHER dogs were outside do the biz, they were ALSO drinking water. Well...this guy hardly likes to drink water. So we keep a very close eye on him. What we notice is that when he is having a tremor is when he is NOT drinking enough water. We now keep a close eye on him drinking water and give him his OWN bowl of water in the house so we can WATCH him drink the water.

If he does start to have the tremor, we found a quick cure. Don't laugh. And of course someone will reply and respond that this doesn't work, or that we shouldn't do this. Oh well.

One of the causes that we researched was also due to low blood sugar. So we give him two frozen Otter pops. :2thumbs: I cut the top off, break off a piece and let him chew it. It is cold, its liquid and its sugar. I give him two of them and within SECONDS of giving it to him, he has stopped.

No kidding...I have been doing that for nearly 4 years now. It doesn't happen very often as long as I can monitor when he drinks water. Something about being outside to drink water that he just avoids. Yah, spoiled. I know.

But aren't ALL Bulldogs?

G'Day~

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thanks much. I'm weaning Punk off the pheno and going to give her some honey or yogurt when she has an episode. I'm glad to have found out that this is not a seizure but something that bullys do.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thanks much. I'm weaning Punk off the pheno and going to give her some honey or yogurt when she has an episode. I'm glad to have found out that this is not a seizure but something that bullys do.

I've posted this video a few times throughout the forum in answer to people asking about head tremors. So sorry if you've already seen this one ........... this is my Maggie having a typical head tremor. If what Punk is experiencing is this, then it is a head tremor. If not then it is some form of seizure. Let me know what you think ...........

http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I just now put in Bullytube what Punk does. It took me forever to figure out how to do this. Let me know what you think.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I just now put in Bullytube what Punk does. It took me forever to figure out how to do this. Let me know what you think.

I have to be honest .... that doesn't look like idiopathic head tremor to me but closer to some form of seizure. However, I'm going to tag [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] on this because she is THE expert!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION]

I only had to watch a few seconds of the video.....that is a petit mal seizure. Vegas neurologist calls them bubble gum fits. Almost like there is something stuck to the roof of the mouth. I had posted a few videos yesterday...but forgot to hit POST, so I will do it again.

Facial twitching
(That is Orion snoring in the background)

Bubblegum fit

Idiopathic head tremor

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have to be honest .... that doesn't look like idiopathic head tremor to me but closer to some form of seizure. However, I'm going to tag [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] on this because she is THE expert!!!

[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION]
I dont think those are tremors either...Its more fly biting as Brutus did but there is more movement that brutus....Brutus would bite up and not usually around and such...Our vet did say biting was partial seziure and started him on pheno...we took pheno for about 1 mnth or so and we decided to wean him off and see how he does...I didnt want him to be dependednt on it so we tried snacks at night and giving him more excerise...He hasnt had an episode since I would wait to see what Cheryl has to say about this but Im leaning towards it being partial sezuire...We go back to the nuerologist next week so I will show him the video and see if I can get some more advice for you...Were you able to see the video I posted in your other thread of Brutus fly biting

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION]...

So sorry to hear about Punk's problem, will put you & her on my prayer list.

I'm in Tyler, TX, about 30 minutes from Longview and so is another EBN member
@catorres, hopefully she can suggest a Vet as she has 2 bullies.

There is a Vet here in Tyler, Dr Michael Maris @ 903-561-7373 that is a Bully
Vet, I believe...not confirmed and not used as I've just adopted an older Bully
just 2 months ago. Welcome to EBN and good luck w/Punk.

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION]...so sorry, I gave the wrong tag for Crystal, the EBNer from Tyler,TX
that might be able to suggest a good Bully Vet.

Correct tag is catorres8988

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GRRRRRR...[MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION] :loco2:

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thanks so much for everyone's help. I will rename the video when I get home tonight. We cannot access YouTube here at work. I will try giving her some Karo or honey during the episodes and wean her off the pheno. I'm just not comfortable giving her this medicine because of the effects. If the vet in Tyler is a bully vet I will start taking her there.

Staff online

Members online