Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible Seizures

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Annie1991's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Possible Seizures

I'm hoping to hear from the Colorado vet today. If I do stop her pheno I will most definitely wean her off of it. What did Brutus look like when he did the fly biting. Punk bobs her head up and down and goes side to side while she is doing this. She also sticks her tongue out like she is trying to lick something.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Possible Seizures

Good Morning~ One of my Bully's has head tremors. I have taken him to or vet and he said there is nothing that you can do for them. He believes that they are either stress induced or it's from him getting excited.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie1991 View Post
    I'm hoping to hear from the Colorado vet today. If I do stop her pheno I will most definitely wean her off of it. What did Brutus look like when he did the fly biting. Punk bobs her head up and down and goes side to side while she is doing this. She also sticks her tongue out like she is trying to lick something.
    Before weaning speak with the doctor to see how he wants to do it...If not done properly seizures can begin I have some videos posted I will find them for you and link them to here...Yea if you notice Punk doing the tremors or biting I would give her some yogurt or karo syrup ....I noticed now that I give him a snack after dinner it doesnt happen so Im thinking maybe low sugar of some sort...Gimme a sec to find the videos
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

I'll have to look at the videos tinight at home. They have blocked you tube here at work. Thanks much!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

oops - tonight

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

oops - tonight
    There are some videos on EBN also if you search tremor and look for thread with a paper clip (most likely video attached) I know @Libra926 has some videos that would help also...

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hello,

I have a adult Bullie that has had head shakes for several years. He is almost 5 years old now. This is the simple type of head shake and NOT a seizure or granmal type. This type of head shake/tremor is not VERY common, but common enough in Bullies. Our research found that there are a few common reasons that this can happen.

The main concern is that when this is Happening, is the dog still able to walk, respond and have control.

In our case our dog was able to walk, respond and have control. So we learned what was the cause usually and what helped.

What we found was that THIS big guy didn't like to go outside as much as the other dogs did. And when the OTHER dogs were outside do the biz, they were ALSO drinking water. Well...this guy hardly likes to drink water. So we keep a very close eye on him. What we notice is that when he is having a tremor is when he is NOT drinking enough water. We now keep a close eye on him drinking water and give him his OWN bowl of water in the house so we can WATCH him drink the water.

If he does start to have the tremor, we found a quick cure. Don't laugh. And of course someone will reply and respond that this doesn't work, or that we shouldn't do this. Oh well.

One of the causes that we researched was also due to low blood sugar. So we give him two frozen Otter pops. I cut the top off, break off a piece and let him chew it. It is cold, its liquid and its sugar. I give him two of them and within SECONDS of giving it to him, he has stopped.

No kidding...I have been doing that for nearly 4 years now. It doesn't happen very often as long as I can monitor when he drinks water. Something about being outside to drink water that he just avoids. Yah, spoiled. I know.

But aren't ALL Bulldogs?

G'Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks much. I'm weaning Punk off the pheno and going to give her some honey or yogurt when she has an episode. I'm glad to have found out that this is not a seizure but something that bullys do.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks much. I'm weaning Punk off the pheno and going to give her some honey or yogurt when she has an episode. I'm glad to have found out that this is not a seizure but something that bullys do.

I've posted this video a few times throughout the forum in answer to people asking about head tremors. So sorry if you've already seen this one ........... this is my Maggie having a typical head tremor. If what Punk is experiencing is this, then it is a head tremor. If not then it is some form of seizure. Let me know what you think ...........

http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I just now put in Bullytube what Punk does. It took me forever to figure out how to do this. Let me know what you think.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I just now put in Bullytube what Punk does. It took me forever to figure out how to do this. Let me know what you think.
    I have to be honest .... that doesn't look like idiopathic head tremor to me but closer to some form of seizure. However, I'm going to tag @Libra926 on this because she is THE expert!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads