General Question Dry Nose...

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
What do u guys use for ur bullys noses. I've been using Snout Soother but haven't noticed any improvement in his dry bumpy nose ... :/

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Aquaphor and vaseline both work and you can get both at the grocery store. I use both and they work great.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use Musher's secret

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've been applying it twice daily but he licks it right off... It looks dry and brittle :/

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I just lick mine. :ROFL: sorry, couldn't help myself, try some Vaseline along with your Snout Soother, that should work.

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Lol. Ill try that. Vaseline not licking it. Although he gets TONS of nose kisses ;)

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
I have heard vaseline works great, I tried it, but My Emma likes to eat vaseline, so everytime I put it on, she takes her long tongue and licks it off, and she keeps licking, I am afraid she is going to make her nose raw, so i quit. I even let her eat some vaseline hoping that she would leave it alone on her nose, but no, she just gobbles it up.

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
My Audrey runs when I get out baby wipes or Vaseline!
When I catch her not only does she lick it off, she rubs her face on furniture, walls, and rolls around on carpet!
Her nose is so dry plus she has has nostril surgery!
Thanks for posting I needed some advice myself

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Same problem here - vet rec. vitamin e oil and no balms/vaseline as they lick them and saliva dries more - worked in 2 days! Ice in water seems to make our guy drink more too to keep him hydrated!

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Same problem here - vet rec. vitamin e oil and no balms/vaseline as they lick them and saliva dries more - worked in 2 days! Ice in water seems to make our guy drink more too to keep him hydrated!

I use ice in water . Vit e may b also an option, but no matter what, if u touch his nose, he licks it :/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What is that Christine? (oh Becky's looking for your too, lol).

I use Snout Soother and vaseline. Both work great during the dry times.

It is for paws.... 'invisible boot' is how they describe it, but I use it on the nose too and it is great fro you hands :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online