Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 25

Thread: Dry Nose...

  1. #13
    Wrinkle Wiper SuggieMama's Avatar
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    117
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    Same problem here - vet rec. vitamin e oil and no balms/vaseline as they lick them and saliva dries more - worked in 2 days! Ice in water seems to make our guy drink more too to keep him hydrated!
    I use ice in water . Vit e may b also an option, but no matter what, if u touch his nose, he licks it :/

  2. #14
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,178
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11515

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    What is that Christine? (oh Becky's looking for your too, lol).

    I use Snout Soother and vaseline. Both work great during the dry times.
    It is for paws.... 'invisible boot' is how they describe it, but I use it on the nose too and it is great fro you hands
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #15
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    It is for paws.... 'invisible boot' is how they describe it, but I use it on the nose too and it is great fro you hands
    I'll have to keep that in mind for when my nose gets dry, ahhhh I mean my hands.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  4. #16
    Drool Catcher AdventuresWithOliver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherri
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    204
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    We switched from Vaseline to Aquaphor, mostly because Oliver hates the smell of Vaseline. He still rubs his face all over everything when gets Aquaphor, though.
    Life is always an Adventure with Oliver!
    http://adventureswitholiver.tumblr.com/

  5. #17
    Dog Park Attendant Lily122511's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Westchester, New York, United States
    Posts
    436
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    I use Vaseline or Aquaphor. Either work works just fine for Lily.

  6. #18
    Wrinkle Wiper SuggieMama's Avatar
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    117
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    Ok so I was using snout soother 2xs a day and then switched to Vaseline last couple days and not noticing ANY difference... He is on blue Buffallo wilderness salmon and he gets cocunut oil and (lately) hemp seed oil in his food and I always put Ice in his water.... Should I go straight for vitamin b or try one of the other balms? He licks EVERYTHING off. It feels very dry and brittle... , I'm getting frustrated, he went to vet last month and had full physical and is in perfect health... But his nose his lumpy and bumpy on top and real rough.am I being impatient? Am I taking proper steps? Is there something that can be prescribed?

  7. #19
    Wrinkle Wiper SuggieMama's Avatar
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    117
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1345602987-325099-jpg
    Tanks nose.... :/

  8. #20
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Have you tried aquaphor yet?


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  9. #21
    Potty Trainer Daizy and Dukes mom's Avatar
    Location
    Mansfield, ON
    Posts
    55
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daizy & Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    I use Invisible Sandal or Vitamin E, could try coconut oil as well. To distract, I give a nice raw bone and they are busy for hours and don't even notice it!

  10. #22
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    Quote Originally Posted by SuggieMama View Post
    Ok so I was using snout soother 2xs a day and then switched to Vaseline last couple days and not noticing ANY difference... He is on blue Buffallo wilderness salmon and he gets cocunut oil and (lately) hemp seed oil in his food and I always put Ice in his water.... Should I go straight for vitamin b or try one of the other balms? He licks EVERYTHING off. It feels very dry and brittle... , I'm getting frustrated, he went to vet last month and had full physical and is in perfect health... But his nose his lumpy and bumpy on top and real rough.am I being impatient? Am I taking proper steps? Is there something that can be prescribed?

    I'm having the exact same problem, and gave up. He seems to really like the coconut oil from his food, and that gets all over his mouth but then he runs and wipes his face off on the floor, his bed, etc. I even tried just feeding him the coconut oil and "accidentally" rubbing his nose with it He figured out what I was doing. He runs, fast, from the Snout Soother and walks away from Vaseline. Maybe I need something that can just drip onto his nose, rather than having to rub it in. He'll let me touch his nose all day until he sees a shiny, oily finger coming at him.

  11. #23
    Wrinkle Wiper SuggieMama's Avatar
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    117
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem, and gave up. He seems to really like the coconut oil from his food, and that gets all over his mouth but then he runs and wipes his face off on the floor, his bed, etc. I even tried just feeding him the coconut oil and "accidentally" rubbing his nose with it He figured out what I was doing. He runs, fast, from the Snout Soother and walks away from Vaseline. Maybe I need something that can just drip onto his nose, rather than having to rub it in. He'll let me touch his nose all day until he sees a shiny, oily finger coming at him.
    i followed the advise i was given and started using Aquaphor 2xs daily (and vite e liquid once in between just to b safe) and its been i wanna say 3 days and ive noticed a big improvement. now the question i have is .... the pieces of skin he did manage to scrape off,does that skin REgenerate? anyone know?

  12. #24
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Dry Nose...

    @SuggieMama - ok thank I'm going to try Aquaphor. How do you get him to stay still to put it on?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •