Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Lilly has a Hot Spot!!

I just said a couple days ago that Lilly is my 'no problems' bully...darn, I jinxed myself. I really hope I can get rid of it. If its still there in a few days I'll have to go to the vet. I found it this morning. I was putting her harness on and saw this brown gunky spot and thought ok she was eating her food and got gross slobber on her neck. NOPE, closer inspection was it was brown gunk on top of a pinkish red moist hot spot. GRR! I didn't see this last night. This is what I'm guessing...she has this new kong that she LOVES and she really goes to town on it, getting slobber every where including all down her neck. I must not have dried her well enough, so between the slobber and a couple scratches, boom, hot spot.

This morning I cleaned the spot with Triz Ultra to get out the brown gunk, then water...I know I know, water on a hot spot eeeek, but I wanted to "degrease" the hair from the triz ultra, then I dried it with a paper towel, then put some witch hazel on it. I think I'll shave it tonight to let the air get at it. It doesn't seem to bother her though. Hopefully I caught it in time. I really don't want to take her to the vet.

Just wanted to grouch about it, Thanks!!
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post
    I just said a couple days ago that Lilly is my 'no problems' bully...darn, I jinxed myself. I really hope I can get rid of it. If its still there in a few days I'll have to go to the vet. I found it this morning. I was putting her harness on and saw this brown gunky spot and thought ok she was eating her food and got gross slobber on her neck. NOPE, closer inspection was it was brown gunk on top of a pinkish red moist hot spot. GRR! I didn't see this last night. This is what I'm guessing...she has this new kong that she LOVES and she really goes to town on it, getting slobber every where including all down her neck. I must not have dried her well enough, so between the slobber and a couple scratches, boom, hot spot.

This morning I cleaned the spot with Triz Ultra to get out the brown gunk, then water...I know I know, water on a hot spot eeeek, but I wanted to "degrease" the hair from the triz ultra, then I dried it with a paper towel, then put some witch hazel on it. I think I'll shave it tonight to let the air get at it. It doesn't seem to bother her though. Hopefully I caught it in time. I really don't want to take her to the vet.

Just wanted to grouch about it, Thanks!!
    Oh poor baby! Water is good actually, washing it helps dry it out. Was there something in the kong (peanut butter, cream cheese, ect?)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lilly has a Hot Spot!!

Poor Lily girl! With what your doing it should heal quick. I put some warm water on Chanel when she had one just to get the hair off and then dried it good. Went away within 5 days
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

@dessertskybulldogs Nothing in the toy...its just a squeezz bone
    -toy-jpg

She's been playing with it for almost 2 weeks, but sometimes she just gets really compulsive about it and I go to pick it up and its dripping with saliva.

Do you guys think I should give her a bath with Bruin's shampoo (phytovet ck with keto and chlorohexidine). You think that would help?
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post
    @dessertskybulldogs Nothing in the toy...its just a squeezz bone
    -toy-jpg

She's been playing with it for almost 2 weeks, but sometimes she just gets really compulsive about it and I go to pick it up and its dripping with saliva.

Do you guys think I should give her a bath with Bruin's shampoo (phytovet ck with keto and chlorohexidine). You think that would help?
    Brutus is the same way with any toy! Usually his stuffed toys and my furniture is when he gets the wettest. We had to deal with chin acne so I wipe him about 10x a day lol

You could give her a bath and just dry her very well and let the spot dry out! Keep it clean and dry as you already have been doing...
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You can use listerine on it too..... but shaving to get the air at it is best
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

I gave her a bath yesterday and used the phytovet ck and I've been wiping it with water, drying, then putting peroxide on it, then drying. It's scabbing up, so at least its not getting worse.

Remove Ads