Other Lilly has a Hot Spot!!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
:hissycry: :cursing: I just said a couple days ago that Lilly is my 'no problems' bully...darn, I jinxed myself. I really hope I can get rid of it. If its still there in a few days I'll have to go to the vet. I found it this morning. I was putting her harness on and saw this brown gunky spot and thought ok she was eating her food and got gross slobber on her neck. NOPE, closer inspection was it was brown gunk on top of a pinkish red moist hot spot. GRR! I didn't see this last night. This is what I'm guessing...she has this new kong that she LOVES and she really goes to town on it, getting slobber every where including all down her neck. I must not have dried her well enough, so between the slobber and a couple scratches, boom, hot spot.

This morning I cleaned the spot with Triz Ultra to get out the brown gunk, then water...I know I know, water on a hot spot eeeek, but I wanted to "degrease" the hair from the triz ultra, then I dried it with a paper towel, then put some witch hazel on it. I think I'll shave it tonight to let the air get at it. It doesn't seem to bother her though. Hopefully I caught it in time. I really don't want to take her to the vet.

Just wanted to grouch about it, Thanks!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:hissycry: :cursing: I just said a couple days ago that Lilly is my 'no problems' bully...darn, I jinxed myself. I really hope I can get rid of it. If its still there in a few days I'll have to go to the vet. I found it this morning. I was putting her harness on and saw this brown gunky spot and thought ok she was eating her food and got gross slobber on her neck. NOPE, closer inspection was it was brown gunk on top of a pinkish red moist hot spot. GRR! I didn't see this last night. This is what I'm guessing...she has this new kong that she LOVES and she really goes to town on it, getting slobber every where including all down her neck. I must not have dried her well enough, so between the slobber and a couple scratches, boom, hot spot.

This morning I cleaned the spot with Triz Ultra to get out the brown gunk, then water...I know I know, water on a hot spot eeeek, but I wanted to "degrease" the hair from the triz ultra, then I dried it with a paper towel, then put some witch hazel on it. I think I'll shave it tonight to let the air get at it. It doesn't seem to bother her though. Hopefully I caught it in time. I really don't want to take her to the vet.

Just wanted to grouch about it, Thanks!!

Oh poor baby! Water is good actually, washing it helps dry it out. Was there something in the kong (peanut butter, cream cheese, ect?)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Poor Lily girl! With what your doing it should heal quick. I put some warm water on Chanel when she had one just to get the hair off and then dried it good. Went away within 5 days :) :hug:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
@dessertskybulldogs Nothing in the toy...its just a squeezz bone
toy.jpg

She's been playing with it for almost 2 weeks, but sometimes she just gets really compulsive about it and I go to pick it up and its dripping with saliva.

Do you guys think I should give her a bath with Bruin's shampoo (phytovet ck with keto and chlorohexidine). You think that would help?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
@dessertskybulldogs Nothing in the toy...its just a squeezz bone
View attachment 25733

She's been playing with it for almost 2 weeks, but sometimes she just gets really compulsive about it and I go to pick it up and its dripping with saliva.

Do you guys think I should give her a bath with Bruin's shampoo (phytovet ck with keto and chlorohexidine). You think that would help?

Brutus is the same way with any toy! Usually his stuffed toys and my furniture is when he gets the wettest. We had to deal with chin acne so I wipe him about 10x a day lol

You could give her a bath and just dry her very well and let the spot dry out! Keep it clean and dry as you already have been doing...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can use listerine on it too..... but shaving to get the air at it is best

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I gave her a bath yesterday and used the phytovet ck and I've been wiping it with water, drying, then putting peroxide on it, then drying. It's scabbing up, so at least its not getting worse.

Members online

No members online now.