Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you for posting that [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] that is exactly what it looks like.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344779167.088773.jpg

Sorry for the close up...but spunkys looks irritated? Or maybe that's normal too. We've been keeping it clean and her diaper on (same as the pics :) and we gave her a Benedryl for now.

Would rubbing preparationH help or would that be bad?

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
We leave for a cruise tonight and I'm a little worried about my baby :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It looks okay to me, a bit pink but that could be from cleaning. Maybe after clean and dry put some diaper rash ointment on?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

The first heat cycle generally occurs between 6-8 months or up to 10-12 months. But once they have started the heat cycle it will be about the same number of months between them. I mark them on a calendar so I am prepared for when it is close. Typically the heat cycle lasts for about 3 weeks. The range of blood is from very little to EXTREME. Compare women?

I have one female that on her first heat cycle there was SO much blood at first I thought she was internally bleeding. And it lasted for a FULL 3 weeks. Finally ended and the next one was "normal".

Why this is good to know about these things, is if you are breeding, then you need to know when to be ready. If you are NOT breeding her, then consider getting her spayed?

Here is a woo-woo picture of one of my 11 month old that had her 1st heat cycle. This was about at the peak of her heat cycle and puffiness.

Good Day~

Attachments

• Lakota ready.jpg
    Lakota ready.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 90
OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thank you for the info!

We are going to get her spayed after this cycle. The picture looks a lot like spunky right now, she's acting more normal now. We're taking her for her check up on Saturday so hopefully all is well!

I appreciate everyone's insight!! You all rock!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm so happy to report Emma has finally stopped spotting and is shrinking back up. :D

I'm making Emma's appointment to get spayed too. Her vet wanted to wait until she had her first heat as her vulva was immature a couple month ago. She's mature now. :laugh:

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Morning!

Spunky is on her period...but her lady parts are SWOLLEN BIG time...I know they swell a little but but poor thing looks like she got stung or injected.

Is this normal?

Sumo's lady parts got so swollen that they basically touched the ground when she went to the bathroom. we couldnt believe it. now everything is pretty much back to normal. Her nipples got enlarged also, and 2 of them are still pretty big. i guess they'll be that way ?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.