Help Needed! Period/swollen

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Morning!

Spunky is on her period...but her lady parts are SWOLLEN BIG time...I know they swell a little but but poor thing looks like she got stung or injected.

Is this normal?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I don't have a female bullie but my female pitbull used to get the same way! It's normal just keep the area clean an dry :) others with more advice will be by soon :) [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so that explains my grammar :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yea sarahs lady parts swell up alot when she is on it. lasts about 3 weeks. she will get even more urgent to mate in the last week. i got her washable panties for this from petsmart or petco cant remember which. i also give her some low dose aspirin when i know she is in pain. i used to hook them through her down the back harness to keep them on her.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
That's a good idea, we have the washable diaper and can't keep it on her bum!

Thank you, this makes me feel better. What aspirin dosage do you give her? I'm wondering if its the same rule on Benedryl (1mg per 1 lb?)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
That's a good idea, we have the washable diaper and can't keep it on her bum!

Thank you, this makes me feel better. What aspirin dosage do you give her? I'm wondering if its the same rule on Benedryl (1mg per 1 lb?)
i give her LOW DOSE aspiring not regular and i just give her one in the am and one in the pm. not sure about giving her more might ask the vet or maybe someone else will be along who knows. here is a pic of her wearing it 03302010021.jpg 03302010023.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Morning!

Spunky is on her period...but her lady parts are SWOLLEN BIG time...I know they swell a little but but poor thing looks like she got stung or injected.

Is this normal?
Emma's on her first as well. She's 8 months and I too got a bit concerned with her swelling but found it it's quite normal. She really didn't balloon up until the start of the 2nd week. I wear she went from having a tiny puppy lady area to having, well, lets just say she BIG!!! I also have noticed the last few days that her teets are much bigger now, like they're swelled up a bit. She's my first female dog in many many years so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have washable panties too for Emma and got some female pads at Walmart to stick him there. :laugh:

Here's Emma giving me the stink eye. :D
79a094fd.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy wears the same panties. lol.
Does she have pink too? lol.

[MENTION=4212]Spunkysmom2012[/MENTION], if you would like me to post a pic of Emma's swollen part, a side view (it's a clean pic for all those wondering), just say so and I will. I took some because like you I was a bit worried. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Does she have pink too? lol.

[MENTION=4212]Spunkysmom2012[/MENTION], if you would like me to post a pic of Emma's swollen part, a side view (it's a clean pic for all those wondering), just say so and I will. I took some because like you I was a bit worried. :)

You should! I think it would really help others and we are all mature here.... Right? :laugh:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: grace wears the same diaper it's so cute its my little girl with her daisy dukes on. An her thing gets huge but she's a Staffordshire but they all get big cause they think there getting ready to mate. I just hate when she cocks her tail at me when I'm putting her diaper on it's gross.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Yep, that's what it looks like. BabyGirl already has a big butt so when she's in heat it's enormous. Still...better than a baboons butt. :scared:

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Zoey got that way as well. You couldn't look at her without noticing it. I did as the others have said and kept her clean with a diaper. She is the only other female with me in a house of 4 men so I will deal with this any day!

Most Reactions