Nuvet.... has someone heard of it????

care791218

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter Rowny and Lexie Rayne
Hello... I have a concern... I have been surfing the net and I see that a lot of the bullies breeders have this link to the product named NuVet, a natural vitamin for what I read, and some of them even have on their contracts that the person that is going to get a puppy MUST have he/she on this product or the warranty on them will not be valid.... Has someone here heard about this product? is this a Scam (since you have to use the breeders pin number in order to buy)? Is this a good product????:help1::help1:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have no experience on this product, but this type of claims are very suspicious to me. So many dog food companys too claim that their products are the only ones that are good for your pet and they will not be healthy without it....Like vets, I'm afraid that those breeders get thair share on the profits.

Tobs31

May 16, 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Sullivan (my angel), Hank, and Ted
Hank was on NuVet when he was with his breeder and I was told I needed to keep him on it for a year or the contract wouldn't be valid. After a year and a few months, Hank is still taking them. He waits for them every morning after he eats his breakfast. We take our vitamins together every morning.

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
I use the vitamin, but the best story with Nuvet is my Emma sister. When she would run and play, she would end of limping for a few days after playing. Got meds from vet, said she would need to take it all her life, and her hip does not fit properly into the socket. Still having limping even while taking meds. She tried the vitamin and hip vitamin from Nuvet. With a couple of weeks, she no longer limps when she plays, stopped taking meds from vet, still no limp. So she takes one hip pill and one vitamin from Nuvet. She is sold on the product.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have never heard anything bad about these supplements either. Linus is still taking them ....... when I don't forget to give them to him!! :ashamed:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
The contract thing seems a bit fishy, but I think the company is on the up and up. We have the multi-vitamin for Frank and give him a half of one a couple times a week. I had read in a couple of places that suggest they have good products. I could see breeders getting a kick back from them for recommending it though. Not unlike human pharmacological products.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
there is another thread in the nutrition section covering this vitamin and several responses from people who have used it you may want to check it out. you can put nuvet in the box up top to the right and it will come up to. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think Nuvet is a superior supplement, I even showed it to one of my vets who wanted my moms on an immune boosting supplement... He is keen on eastern and western medicines and has been around the block. He had never heard of it but was impressed by the ingredients used.

Since we feed Fromm or other high quality foods, I do not feel it's necessary to give daily but I do give them 3-4 times a week, and daily if I am home cooking.

Do breeders get kickbacks? Yes. But I would also never "sell" something just for a few dollars each month. I also have on my contract to feed a high quality food and spend much time with my families to be certain they are well educated on nutrition. Also, I would personally never recommend anything for any of my babies that I don't use myself.

So bottom line, it's a great product, and many breeders require it so they can know their babies are getting all the nutrients they need.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
My aunt owns the kennel where I board Pan and is also my groomer. She also breeds bishons and rescues them.

But she recommended them to me. Sure there's a kick back, but she knows how I feel about Pan and wouldn't steer me wrong just for a few bucks.

She gave me a free sample, and Pan gobbled them right up (he never willingly takes pills) so that's a good sign too.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We use it for both the bullies. It is an awesome supplement! Belly had skin issues that the vet couldn't figure out. I started her on nu-vet and her hair has all grown back . It's a really good immune booster.It didn't happen over night. It has been several months, but I was so afraid we would have a bald bully before the vet figured it out. It's a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it! They LOVE taking them.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Now you're getting me sold on this product:D I have to find out if it's safe for Usko and if I can get it shipped here...I'll tell them to give you all the kickbacks...

:pouting: I browsed through their website and incredients and unfortunately it's not good for Usko. It contains brewers yeast and chicken liver which both are a big no no for dogs with Hyperuricosuria.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.