Other Hyperuricosuria

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You could try to email Chris at thrivingpets. He is very knowledgeable about the products he sells and believe it or not, I don't think he's in it for the money. I could be wrong about that but he has never acted like it with any of my questions or orders.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] Chris answered, but didn't know. I got an answer from their maker too, when I asked again, but they didn't say if it would be beneficial or not. Just that what it's for. So it's better to pass. Usko is doing great and I don't want to risk it. Thank you anyway:D

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

After 6 years of owning bulldogs, I am still learning more. A friend of mine in Croatia and another in Ukraine each have mentioned HU. They use their stud for breeding and in Europe males have to be tested to be certified to breed. They each had their stud tested and are HU clear. I thought it was a problem that only someone else's dogs would have.

Now I have a dog that has stones and have been starting to do research on HU. I know that VET Gen does this testing but also UC Davis in California also does this testing.

So, has anyone used either one of these testing companies and have any comments about them?

I need to find out more about testing for HU.
Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you all~
Good Day~

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If your dog has cystine stones he most likely doesn't have HU. He has Cystinuria. HU affected dogs can get urate stones and cystines stones are caused by Cystinuria. If I were you I would test for Cystinuria, but it looks like you have to shop around for that test cause it seems that they do it more for other breeds. Maybe if you call the labs that do it for other breeds and ask if they can test bulldogs for cystinuria.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have never heard of it, but good to know about it Thank you for passing this on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online