General Question Will my bulldog fill out?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I definedly would stop worrying and start enjoying his puppyhood...he will fill out sooner or later. My Usko just turned two and has right about now started to look like an adult. His sire, according to his owner kept on "filling" until he was 4.

Mom to Brutus

Nov 5, 2012
Burke, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
I'm glad to hear all you're answers! We are also new to this site and Brutus is our first Bully! He just turned 1 in Sept. But he's only 45 pounds! The vet thinks he will be on the smaller size for a bulldog. He's starting to become more stocky. But so much fun! So much info and love on this site, THANK YOU!

hanksmomma

Aug 10, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
HANK
Hey! I too just found this site and was wondering the same thing about my little hankers! he is 6months old and doesn't seem to be filing out... he does have a sensitive stomach and is only on his food which is bluebuffalo lamb and rice (treats upset his stomach) I heard cottage cheese and yogurt help?

1004051_10151560308590897_159530149_n.jpg968923_10151496315835897_1901500764_n.jpg

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
We also have a brindle and white and a fawn and white like cslafferty said our brindle is built different than our other bulldog. He has much longer legs and a leaner build all around. That is an interesting thought that ALL brindles have a leaner build. Ours has just hit 6 months and he is really putting on the weight now! growing so fast so don't worry he will get there.View attachment 25689

Duchess is brindle and is short and stocky so don't think brindle has anything to do with it- it's genetics.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Hey! I too just found this site and was wondering the same thing about my little hankers! he is 6months old and doesn't seem to be filing out... he does have a sensitive stomach and is only on his food which is bluebuffalo lamb and rice (treats upset his stomach) I heard cottage cheese and yogurt help?

View attachment 52409View attachment 52410

Your baby is too adorable. The first picture he looks like he is in time out lol. Anyways yes plain lowfat Yogurt or Kefir (if you can find it Kefir is better) 1-2 tbls a day you can give as a treat or add as a topper to his food. Cottage cheese is also a great topper or treat. Fruit, Veggi like Blueberries, watermelon, banana, peanut butter, carrots and frozen green beans are great treats. Present these treats individually to gage any allergic reaction.

Last edited:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Lol! This post was almost a year ago and my Bob on the first page is still just as skinny as he was there and he's 1 1/2 now. It must just be genetics because our female gets the same amount of food and she's a roly poly

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh wow, he's gorgeous!! Just from the looks of him he's going to be a good size boy. You'll see many changes over the next 2 years, especially after the first. Wilson didn't finish filling out until he was 2, give or take. He's just gorgeous!

Oh, :welcome: to EBN too.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Dear All,

I have just found this site and think that it is great and hope to get some good advice and share information with you all.

I have a english bulldog called JJ which is 4months old now. He is fit and healthy and is adorable and my girlfriend and i love him to bits. We were told that he is a purebreed and we have see his dad who is very handsome (see pic). However, i was expecting JJ to start filling out and gain more mass but just a little worried that he is too thin? The breeder did say that JJ has much longer legs than his dad so he will not look as stocky. Can anyone let me know when we should expect him to fill-out?

View attachment 25561View attachment 25562

Brutus also has longer legs than most bulldogs. He is 9 mos. now and I have noticed that his head looks like it is growing and his chest is getting very broad. I too have heard that bullies don't fully develop until 2-3 yrs of age. JJ is adorabull. He has the bulldog look of disgust down for sure.

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi,

It's coming trust me here is Bongo as a pup and now at 18 months and 60lbs. I also know he probably still has a couple of inches width still to come in the head and shoulders.

Frank.D
e4amebu5.jpg

nedydaha.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.