General Question Will my bulldog fill out?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
MY Aldo started looking more like a bulldog than a boxer at about 7-8 months!! all three of mine are long legged but are still young.. Aldo definitely has the bulldog face and chest and his head is filling out nicely.. Katara is a bit longer nose and her head quite a bit smaller but in the last couple months she has also filled out nicely.. they are both 11 months.. Bruno is only 2.5 months old.. so he is still a cute bulldog puppy.. they are weird looking between 3-6 months in my opinion...

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Aug 10, 2012
Country
China
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey, Hero and Saber
Dear All,

It is approaching 1month since my original post and as many of you have said bulldogs do not normally start to fill out until between 5-18months. JJ is nearly 5months now and i am starting to see the signs of the bulldog characteristics beginning to show.

We are still feeding him 3xmeals per day but i have read that around 6months we should reduce this to 2xmeals per day. Can anyone tell me if this means that the total amount should stay the same but it will be just split over two meals rather than 3??

Here is a updated pics of JJ:
JJ 001.jpgJJ 002.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Dear All,

It is approaching 1month since my original post and as many of you have said bulldogs do not normally start to fill out until between 5-18months. JJ is nearly 5months now and i am starting to see the signs of the bulldog characteristics beginning to show.

We are still feeding him 3xmeals per day but i have read that around 6months we should reduce this to 2xmeals per day. Can anyone tell me if this means that the total amount should stay the same but it will be just split over two meals rather than 3??

Here is a updated pics of JJ:
View attachment 26175View attachment 26176

He looks great!
as far as the feedings..I'm not sure how much you were feeding him at 3 feedings a day..but when you go to 2.. Do it gradually.. Just increase the two feedings to absorb his midday.. Divide it in half slowly. With Jake he was getting 1/2 cup 3 times a day..and we ended up at 1 cup twice a day. I still give him a Treat at midday if I'm home..but I found if he got a little cookie he wasn't looking at me like he was abused! :ROFL:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He has already changed! That is awesome! I personally think he is a cutie patootie!!!!

I am concerned about his tummy tho. It looks very swollen or bloated. Sorry I am just a worry wart!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
He has already changed! That is awesome! I personally think he is a cutie patootie!!!!

I am concerned about his tummy tho. It looks very swollen or bloated. Sorry I am just a worry wart!

I agree. Have you had him tummy checked out? Make sure there isn't a hernia or something else? When I get photos taken of me...my tummy looks bloated also. My husband assures me it's just bad lighting.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
As for long legs...Vegas has them. Here is a photo I took today. If he had short stubbies....I don't think he would be able to pull this off. He was looking for the lost cheeto.........

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Aug 10, 2012
Country
China
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey, Hero and Saber

Thanks for the concern and ever since we had him we had noticed he has a bit of a pot belly on him and even more so just after we feed him. It had never entered my mind that he may have a problem with his belly but i am taking him to the vet for a checkup on the weekend so will ask him to have a look at his stomach also.

Thanks again for all the advice and comments!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks for the concern and ever since we had him we had noticed he has a bit of a pot belly on him and even more so just after we feed him. It had never entered my mind that he may have a problem with his belly but i am taking him to the vet for a checkup on the weekend so will ask him to have a look at his stomach also.

Thanks again for all the advice and comments!!

Good please keep us updated!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Cute little guy, our Bacon is 8 months and is just starting to fill out, and his head is tiny compared to the rest of his body. It's like he is going through his awkward teen years, good luck, and WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi,
Welcome - Ditto
18-24 months for full body.
Thinner as a young dog. Good food, less volume, active and rest

That about does it.

Good Day~

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
We also have a brindle and white and a fawn and white like cslafferty said our brindle is built different than our other bulldog. He has much longer legs and a leaner build all around. That is an interesting thought that ALL brindles have a leaner build. Ours has just hit 6 months and he is really putting on the weight now! growing so fast so don't worry he will get there.View attachment 25689

oh my goodness!!! you're bully looks JUST LIKE MY SUMO!!!! 387829_10100449122811661_1272550913_n.jpg i've never seen anothe rbully that looks so much the same!

bet they would be friends

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Aug 10, 2012
Country
China
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey, Hero and Saber
Good please keep us updated!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Just a quick update on JJ. We took him to the vet for a checkup and the vet seems to think his belly is fine and that bullies tend to have a bit of a belly on them but he gave some meds for worms as a precautionary measure.

He also weighed him and he was 15.3kg. Given that he is approaching 5months is that the expected weight for his age? He is already starting to loose his puppy features! :(

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
That's a good weight! Lola weighs that at 5 and a half months and she is a big girl her vet said so I would think he is good! My Lola still hasnt filled out yet either but Im hoping to start seeing some changes!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online