Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will my bulldog fill out?

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Will my bulldog fill out?

Cute little guy, our Bacon is 8 months and is just starting to fill out, and his head is tiny compared to the rest of his body. It's like he is going through his awkward teen years, good luck, and WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hi,
    Welcome - Ditto
    18-24 months for full body.
    Thinner as a young dog. Good food, less volume, active and rest

That about does it.

Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mendomama View Post
    We also have a brindle and white and a fawn and white like cslafferty said our brindle is built different than our other bulldog. He has much longer legs and a leaner build all around. That is an interesting thought that ALL brindles have a leaner build. Ours has just hit 6 months and he is really putting on the weight now! growing so fast so don't worry he will get there.Attachment 25689
    oh my goodness!!! you're bully looks JUST LIKE MY SUMO!!!! -387829_10100449122811661_1272550913_n-jpg i've never seen anothe rbully that looks so much the same!

bet they would be friends

Country
    China
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jeffrey, Hero and Saber
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Good please keep us updated!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Just a quick update on JJ. We took him to the vet for a checkup and the vet seems to think his belly is fine and that bullies tend to have a bit of a belly on them but he gave some meds for worms as a precautionary measure.

He also weighed him and he was 15.3kg. Given that he is approaching 5months is that the expected weight for his age? He is already starting to loose his puppy features!
    Regards,

Jeffrey

mabel lou

oh my he is adorable and favors my Mabel

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

That's a good weight! Lola weighs that at 5 and a half months and she is a big girl her vet said so I would think he is good! My Lola still hasnt filled out yet either but Im hoping to start seeing some changes!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I definedly would stop worrying and start enjoying his puppyhood...he will fill out sooner or later. My Usko just turned two and has right about now started to look like an adult. His sire, according to his owner kept on "filling" until he was 4.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad to hear all you're answers! We are also new to this site and Brutus is our first Bully! He just turned 1 in Sept. But he's only 45 pounds! The vet thinks he will be on the smaller size for a bulldog. He's starting to become more stocky. But so much fun! So much info and love on this site, THANK YOU!

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HANK
    Likes (Received)

Hey! I too just found this site and was wondering the same thing about my little hankers! he is 6months old and doesn't seem to be filing out... he does have a sensitive stomach and is only on his food which is bluebuffalo lamb and rice (treats upset his stomach) I heard cottage cheese and yogurt help?

-1004051_10151560308590897_159530149_n-jpg-968923_10151496315835897_1901500764_n-jpg

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mendomama View Post
    We also have a brindle and white and a fawn and white like cslafferty said our brindle is built different than our other bulldog. He has much longer legs and a leaner build all around. That is an interesting thought that ALL brindles have a leaner build. Ours has just hit 6 months and he is really putting on the weight now! growing so fast so don't worry he will get there.Attachment 25689

Duchess is brindle and is short and stocky so don't think brindle has anything to do with it- it's genetics.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hanksmomma View Post
    Hey! I too just found this site and was wondering the same thing about my little hankers! he is 6months old and doesn't seem to be filing out... he does have a sensitive stomach and is only on his food which is bluebuffalo lamb and rice (treats upset his stomach) I heard cottage cheese and yogurt help?

-1004051_10151560308590897_159530149_n-jpg-968923_10151496315835897_1901500764_n-jpg
    Your baby is too adorable. The first picture he looks like he is in time out lol. Anyways yes plain lowfat Yogurt or Kefir (if you can find it Kefir is better) 1-2 tbls a day you can give as a treat or add as a topper to his food. Cottage cheese is also a great topper or treat. Fruit, Veggi like Blueberries, watermelon, banana, peanut butter, carrots and frozen green beans are great treats. Present these treats individually to gage any allergic reaction.
    Last edited by Ashleym; 08-13-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Lol! This post was almost a year ago and my Bob on the first page is still just as skinny as he was there and he's 1 1/2 now. It must just be genetics because our female gets the same amount of food and she's a roly poly
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads