Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas use to have a pink belly. Now his belly is....well NOT. It's almost black in places. Does anyone know what causes/caused this. I've posted a before...(under 1 year old) and a now (over 3 years old)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
SpottedBoy2.jpg
[/IMG]Samson has developed alot of black spots all over his body over the years.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
He was under a year here (he's 4.5 yrs now) and his skin only had some black spots, as you can see he looks really pink and white. He has alot of spots now, the picture above was taken today.

SamCorona3.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion is polka dotted too. They really show up when she's wet!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
My boys are all polka dotted - no more evenly so than Linus, who looks like a spotted pig when he's laying down. Baby T has developed more spots as he gets older so it looks like Vegas is just filling in with age.

Funny this post comes up because I was just looking at Truman's tummy today and thinking about how it looks different (not as pink, more polka dots) than when he was little baby.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION]
You should post some pictures!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
My thought is: Just like Humans, pigment will appear with age. Dalmations aren't born with Spots and will develope then fairly soon, but will continue to for some time.

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Hmm.. thats a really good question! Chelios's tummy looks exactly like Vegas's before && after pic [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]. I wonder.. but [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] you bring a good point! Im guessing it could be the pigments?
Hmm.. im so curious! I'm ganna try && research it now! lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie always had some black spots on her tummy ... but as she's got older she has developed a few more and the ones she does have seem to have got bigger and/or darker. Interesting ........

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester is polka-dotted too..and he's only 9 months old. Now my shih tzu has the blackness also, my husband kept insisting it was dirt and when he finally gave him a bath, he realized it was just the pigment in his skin.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
By special request for [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] an aerial shot of my baby spotted pig and Bentley, who had color more even like Vegas:

Members online

No members online now.