Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Tear Stain Before and after pics

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tear Stain Before and after pics

Am a little late to this post and am new to this forum, or any forum to say the least, but Charliefl could I ask you if your Charlie had really runny eyes. My little pup who is now over 4 months and looks quite similar to your colorings on your dog but is always watering in her wrinkles all the time. I switched her food to gluten free natures logic in lamb but still wet all the time. I wipe her face all day long. So I am, not sure if it will work on her. Can I ask you what food he is on.

I have been doing your system for a while now and it hasn't worked yet. She absolutely hates the desitin so I have been trying to put it on her when she is taking a nap lol and so she doesn't feel it and I can get away with it. But it sure isn't keeping her dry and by the middle of the day she is really stained again. I assume the desitin is just to keep them dry? Does it also help the stain to fade? I have also tried cornstarch but she is just wet again so it doesnt work. Its also hard to get in there it seems like it just stays on the surface......I was curious if you put desitin on your dogs neck? How did you get rid of the tear stains that kind of end up lower on her neck. Did you just do the pads and apple cider vinegar there? That is what I have been doing. No desitin there. Not sure if I am doing it right. wanted to ask. Also above the eyes, right on the eyelid, and right in the corner of the eye where the wrinkle starts, is obviously stained like in the pict of your dog but I wondered how you reached those areas. Did you put desitin or apple cider vinegar above your dogs eyes or right in the corner of the eye. I am too scared to get it that close and didnt understand how they would fade away when I don't really treat them.

Sorry for such a long post and all the questions. Didn't know how to contact you directly. Thank you and everyone for all the Input.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What a good job you have done, I will try this on Ftse as I am having trouble clearing it I did and it came back.

Does bottled water work the same?

Thanks for sharing this.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@staciepap. What are you feeding? The constant eye watering could easily be a sign of allergies or entropian.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco
    Likes (Received)

@CharlieFL

Just figured out how to link your name in the message. I commented on this post up above. Would you mind reading it and writing me back or commenting. Just want to know if I'm doing this right. You dog looks so good. Thanks so much.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Very good. Thanks

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

@staciepap sorry I was out of the forum for a few days... the procedure that i did was only to remove the tear stain on his face, if ur dog have eye watering might be the food. he was before NVI beef and lamb, right now he is on RAW ( I grind all his food ). He is doing amazing, he loves his new food and I think I resolve and prevent any future allergic problems.

If u have any question please let me know.
    HOW HE LOOKS RIGHT NOW
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...rlie-10-months
    Last edited by CharlieFL; 04-12-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

@Ftse 100
    Does bottled water work the same?

yes. it works perfect. just a simple tip look for a brand low in mirenals

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco
    Likes (Received)

@CharlieFL

Thanks for the input about food. She has been better the last couple days with watering but still wet on and off. If it doesn't turn around i might change her food again even though she is on good food. Cause it might be teething or pollen allergies.

But wanted to ask you if you would put the desitin On his neck? My coco, like your Charlie, has some red stains like on her neck and under her chin etc. In her wrinkles but then kind of also not in her wrinkles like more closer to her nose. So I am wondering if you covered his other areas (like his neck) in desitin or if you just did the other chlorhexidine pads and vinegar on those parts. Also when you put the vinegar on do you wipe off the desitin that may have been there from earlier with something. Does the desitin help just keep it dry or does it help with the stain?

Charlie is a cutie. She is so handsome. Thanks for the help.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco
    Likes (Received)

@CharlieFL. Sorry my link didn't work. Trying to get the hang of this. My message is up above. Thanks for the help

Real Name
    Bill
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gomer & Vince
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, I just received another tip on this earlier this evening:
    Mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with just enough cornstarch to form a paste.
    Spread the paste on the tear stain and allow to dry, then brush it off.
    Repeat daily until the stain disappears, then use weekly to prevent returning of stain.

Another suggestion was using a cotton ball soaked in boric acid daily till gone, then weekly.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

@staciepap I applied the desitin to maintain it dry, never had any issues arouns the neck or chin. Try not to change her food too fast. she is only 4 months ans her body needs to adapt to her new food.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Remove Ads