Other Another Gator Update

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We received the call from the ortho yesterday that his spinal fluid test came back clean. So now we are just going on the assumption that he tweaked his back and combined with the abnormalities, it caused his issues.

He is actually improving quite rapidly. If he walks slowly, he doesn't stumble or fall or even look like anything is wrong. We do still have some back feet dragging here and there and when he tries to go a little faster, he has some coordination issues still. I do see a LOT of improvement so I am encouraged! It could take weeks or months for him to be normal again (if he is able to be) so we are just continuing with the bed rest, taking everything slow, massaging his legs and having him walk around to use those legs as much as we can without tiring him out.

One good thing is that he has gone back to doing his chicken scratch at his poop again! Before, he would do his kicks and then RUN at top speed around the yard a few times after pooping. Now, he is scratching at that poop and then will act like he is going to take off running (ahhhh!!!! NO!) and then kind of think a second then saunter back to the edge of the yard.

Plus he is very playful. I sat on the area rug with him yesterday and rolled the ball on the diagonal from corner to corner and he would chase it. I rolled it super slow so that he could put his head down after it and not fall. I think he had a good time with that and I wonder if that isn't a good exercise for him since he has a non-slip surface and it isn't moving very quickly. He has gone on the wood floors a few times with me holding my breath and following him. He does still have some issues getting traction with those back legs but not as bad as he was. I will hold off on that experiment a little longer because if he is injured, I don't want him re-injuring himself.

The ortho said one month on crate rest and it will be hard but I hope it is just what he needs (with small doses of exercise) to recover.

Thank you so much to everyone that has been praying for him! I really think those prayers are working. Keep them coming as we work to a full recovery!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im so glad that he is continuing to improve. It sucks when our babies are sick or hurting. Hugs and Prayers to you for continued improvement

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news and hope he keeps improving with leaps!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I knew this day had a special quality to it, your news just confirmed it!

Thank you so much for immediately reporting the great news about Gator.

Continued prayers for all
:sunny:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thank God!! I'm so happy that it's nothing serious and he is getting back to his old self.

Give him hugs from me and Abby please :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AWESOME news....give the boy big bully hugs and kisses from me and Banks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online