Help Needed! Eye Infection or Cherry Eye

D

DrewBert

I was out at the lake for the last couple days and a friend has been looking after the dogs for me. She text me lastnight around 10 saying Oliver's eye was swollen and looked infected. She took him to the 24 hour clinic and he got antibiotic and anti imflammatory meds.

I got home this morning and it's worse, swollen so bad his whole eye is covered over.

Ive been looking at pictures of cherry eye and it seems like it good be that, its also swollen under the eye and lots of puss.

First picture is last night, second and third picture were 20 minutes ago!

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 158

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
A don't no what it is but my god it looks sore !!! Poor bully :(. Get well soon !!! X

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh gosh. I would take him to the regular vet. I would be worried about an ulcer on the eye. Could be linked to an allergy that got out of control or he was scratching at it and it got infected. ER vets are great but he may need continued treatment for that. Never wait with an eye issue!

That really looks painful, poor guy!

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Looks bad enough to hurry him to the vet. It doesn't look like a "normal" cherry eye though. Poor baby!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
From the pictures it does not look like a normal cherry eye, definitely an infection or ulcer. The third eyelid does look swollen so I can see why you may think it's a cherry eye. It is probably a secondary symptom to the infection. See the squinting? That means poor Oliver is in a lot of pain..... a trip to the vet as soon as possible is needed. Warning, you may just want to go directly to an vet opthomologist because they may likely refer you to one anyway.... and they will preform the same tests and cost you twice as much. Please keep us posted! :hug:

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
My Emma and her sister both had a cherry eye, that does not look like cherry eye, that looks like infection. hopefully the antibotic will work, if you do not see improvment in few days, call vet and get something else.

OP
D

DrewBert

Thanks for the replies everyone took him to a friend who is a vet, she looked for a foreign object in the eye and flushed it a couple times! Gave him some meds and wants me to bring him back tomorrow if the swelling doesn't come down!

He sure is a trooper! Here's to hoping the swelling/infection goes down by tomorrow!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, good! I hope he is feeling better very, very soon!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks for the replies everyone took him to a friend who is a vet, she looked for a foreign object in the eye and flushed it a couple times! Gave him some meds and wants me to bring him back tomorrow if the swelling doesn't come down!

He sure is a trooper! Here's to hoping the swelling/infection goes down by tomorrow!

Sure hope he's beetter soon.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

:hug: Hope he feels better very soon :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hope you boy is doing better... be sure to keep us updated

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad you took him in, now hope he has a speedy recovery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online