General Question I am going to steal the "WHAT IS THAT SMELL???? title...

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gypsy is in her 3rd heat and has been for about a week and a half. Man she STINKS!!!! I mean FUNKY. She is acting normal and all that with her energy level, poops, pees, everything. Nothing weird at all but what is that SMELL??? Is that a sign of something or just normal?

Is it cool to give her a bath and wash her privates? PU

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YIKES....i don't really know but I can't think of any reason not to bathe her

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think that would be an excellent reason to bathe her.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Wouldn't she have a fever with that? There is no fever whatsoever and her behavior is perfectly normal. She is still playful and runs around the yard and everything.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Zoey was the same way. The smell was horrible. I gave her a bath and once her heat was over the smell vanished. Hope that eases your mind some?

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Lace was in heat which smells anyway but smelled worse than usual. After about 3 days she was being picky with her food but finished it all but still not like her. She was running and playing with her sister with no problem. I made an appointment with the vet because she never is picky with food. When I got there she had 103 temp with a bulb thermometer which is not that bad. They kept her and did an emergency spay. Afterwards he said she would have been dead if I had not got her in there that day. Her white blood cound was way off. I was very lucky to know what was normal for her and see the vet. Hers was a closed pyo so not alot of usual signs. I would rather be safe than sorry. She said this is her third heat so I'm thinking why is this one different?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Boy I'm glad Pan is a boy! I would say if you have a stinky bully - a bath is probably in order. Hopefully its just her natural stink to attract all the fellas... :eek:

a real man can't resist a stinky girl :inlove:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sometimes they do smell worse than other times. When BeBe had Pyometra she just did not seem herself for a day or two. She was still eating it just not herself. Then I notices the chocolate milk looking discharge and knew she was in trouble and took her straight to the vet, and they did an emergency spay on her. Lucky for us she had the discharge and I saw it.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
A little scary...She actually doesn't smell so bad today lol. I am going to give her a bath in the morning anyway. She is perfectly normal and had a perfect temp (yes, I have a thermometer and am not afraid to use it! lol) and she is eating, drinking, jumping, playing, and just being a cutie pie. No weird discharge and her pee looks fine too.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
@GatorRay How is she doing today?

Actually, she is fine! She has been trying to play with all of us all day. I also took her temp again and it was normal. I gave her that bath and she smells WAY better!

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Oh thank goodness! I never imagined I would worry like this about them. Amazing how a bully can change your life completely!

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh thank goodness! I never imagined I would worry like this about them. Amazing how a bully can change your life completely!

So true. I am relieved to know that a little smell is normal. I just didn't know for sure.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.