Help Needed! Spots are getting worse !!!

Bombon

Aug 3, 2012
Mission hill
Bulldog(s) Names
Bombon
Am havin that problem too, I don t know if it's a heat rash, food allergies, bug bites am very frustrated and am givin her Benadryl and antibiotic it helps sometimes but right now she is prettie bad!!!

Bombon

Aug 3, 2012
Mission hill
Bulldog(s) Names
Bombon
Am havin that problem too, I don t know if it's a heat rash, food allergies, bug bites am very frustrated and am givin her Benadryl and antibiotic it helps sometimes but right now she is prettie bad!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

Bombon, can you post pictures of the rash?
please

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm going through this with my Frenchton (French Bulldog, Boston Terrier mix). He's been breaking out with pustules that eventually become like raised crusty circles. He usually breaks out in these once a year but usually go away with frequent cleaning and skin ointments but now they are not resolving. Saw the vet yesterday and he said it is a staph infection. He said it is probably an allergic reaction to something in his environment. He got an antibiotic Cefpodoxime (tablets), DOUXO Chlorhexidine Shampoo and GENTA SPRAY (Gentamicin topical). He has a return visit in 3 weeks. Will update and let you know his progress. I don't normally have any problems with this dog except his anal glands need expressing on a regular basis.

P.S. He also recommended giving him Benadryl 1-1/2 tablets every eight hours and he weighs 44 lbs. Or 1 Zyrtec daily.

Last edited:
OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Sorry i hvent been on guys my internet was down !! :( Well we're back at the vets today cocos are just not getting any better :( !!! Am bloody sick !!! Av even got her a new bed thinking it could be that !!! X

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=4685]Cocosmammy123[/MENTION] did you ever change her food? Who knows if that is contributing but that is what I would do. Also, change what you wash her bedding in and what you are cleaning your floors with.

Seems even the vet is stumped! You don't have spiders do you? Ants in the yard? Something? Maybe see if you can get her allergy tested? Wow, I will be thinking of her.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
She has mites !! There was a cupple in her toes so there putting it down to that. We have to continue using the shampoo and they hve give us antibiotics :) !! Finger crossed !!! Xxx

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=4685]Cocosmammy123[/MENTION]...I thought those pics might be mite caused (as well as several on here
recently posting w/similar symptoms & pics-what's up w/these Vets that can't seem to dx?).

Her immune system needs to be strengthened and if on antibiotic she needs a couple of TBSPS
of live yogurt daily & on a grain-free kibble probably chicken-free-maybe on a very limited ingredient
kibble, no treats! Avoderm can be found at PetsMart and has this type and is great for skin and
coats (if you've not found a suitable food yet).

Best of luck to y'all and keep us informed
:angelheart:

L

Lucy-licious

Aww poor Coco....but at least now you know what it is.
you might want to wash her bedding daily in a hot wash and dry them on the hot setting too if you can,then any mites in there will be killed every day.
Hoover the carpets daily and empty the vacuum every time...also bleach the tiles every day.
Its just as important to make sure that the environment is treated too, which I'm sure you have thought if too.
Did the vet give any indication how long it will take to go away, or which mites they are? Give her a hug for me poor baby, and one for you too :hug: and good on you for being persistent :hug:

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi guys. Thanks for all your advice.

We did manage to change her food. To lamb and rice James well beloved. She also has a tin of meat a day as in pedigree that's the only one she will eat !!! The vet advised us to put her on meat until she gained weight as she was losing weigh cause she wasn't eating !!! Am quite lucky I have wooden floor right thro. It gets hovered and moped maybe 3 times a day. As we all no bully's cast ALOT !!!ha I will do the emptying of the Hoover :)

Also the vet said she could only see the mites in her toes so the shampoo is hopefully working !!

With her bed she has a blanket that goes over her bed to keep it cleaner realy so should I put that on a boil wash everyday ?? a do normaly wash it maybe every 3-4 days

Thanks guys your all fab !! X

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Oh she said they were mites from the grass but coco has realy smelly ears and scratches them we already have drops for that tho x

Members online

No members online now.