Help Needed! Spots are getting worse !!!

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi guys. A posted last week to say that coco had some spots that were like boils and scabby we took her to the vets who said they were insect bites but not flees. He give us a shampoo that we have to use once a week and some steroid cream we have been using that every other day. Well this morning there are a lot more spots and you can see them on her skin now. Any advise guys :( xxxx ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344171870.672923.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344171882.191290.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344171894.124617.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344171906.958315.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344171922.811511.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344171932.702861.jpg. Thanks guys. Jemma and coco xxx

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What do you feed her? Is she getting any new treats or it could be enviromental, anyway in most cases it's a reaction on something. Trying to care for the symptoms is hardly ever a long time answer. You need to find out the source.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so that explains my grammar :)

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi. We feed her James well beloved dry. She's been on that about 4/5 month. X

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow this is a tough one, they certainly do look like bites but they could also be an allergic reaction to something. Anything new going on? Rainy season? Mosquitos? New bedding? New toys? New treats? New places visited? New rug? New shampoo? New laundry soap? New bag of James Wellbeloved? Did you try a different kind? Is it itchy? :detective:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Nothing different. Well I suppose about 2 month ago we started mixing in dry pedigree in her food to make her eat it ?? Could it be that ?? X

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Nothing different. Well I suppose about 2 month ago we started mixing in dry pedigree in her food to make her eat it ?? Could it be that ?? X
i would stop the pedigree and find another way to get her to eat it. see if the bumps go away. maybe some yogurt or canned food just a touch. does the dog food your feeding have a canned food. ive had it take 2 months for sarah to react to a kibble so maybe.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maybe switch to bland diet and see if it clears up....if not doing it already give Beneryl 1 mg per pound

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Good advice above. It does look like bug bites....and unwanted visitors in the house lately like spider's etc? Could be environmental or food too. Just so hard to tell. I would consider the questions that [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] asked. Take her off of the pedigree. If she needs enticement to eat that food, I would either put yogurt or something in it or find a good food to change her too. There are plenty on the market that won't break the bank.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Ruby get bumps on her and I use desitin....Sounds simple but it is worth a try and if it doesn't go away try all the switching foods....She gets them often but desitin clears it up and I have no idea what it was except some dermititis. Good luck!
Roanne

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I shall try stopping her wet food. :(. Poor coco x

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Oh guys there getting even worse am worried sick :( ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344196129.842354.jpg

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
this looks like the beginning of staph infection. try to bring her immune system up a bit with a dollop of yogurt at one meal. healthier food, and dry those scabs up. If the scabs are growing, it's a staph infection. wipe coco down with a damp towel everyday to keep the dander off. Put something on the spots that will dry them out. nothing too heavy. Take a dab of that shampoo your vet gave you and put a dab of it on each scab. that should dry them out too. please keep me posted.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Something that she is exposed to is aggravating her. In my opinion bland diet is needed. And after things clear maybe a change of food if she doesn't like it.

L

Lucy-licious

Hi. We feed her James well beloved dry. She's been on that about 4/5 month. X

Which flavour hunny...they do 2 grain free choices. Lamb and veg and turkey and veg. We had problems with those with rice in and the turkey too so went with the lamb x

Also wondering if you changed washing powder...I use fairy on lucy's bedding cos it's none bio and no abric conditioner either.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online