URGENT!!! Little Cognac is losing her hair :(

SavageLucyMom

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Savage and Lucy
I recently took my little Lucy in for a similar looking bald spot after a skin scraping we found out she has demodex mange and there have been more balding spots lately. Definitely when you can get a skin scrape!!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Gypsy had that and it turned out to be mange. It is common so don't panic! But they will need to be treated as soon as you can manage. Personally, I would head in to the vet when you can and have them do a scraping to make sure. Could be infection, ringworm, allergy....but you won't be able to know without the scraping first.

AS with other, a vet scraping is what is suggested. I know others might not agree.....EVERY DOG HAS MANGE. Sometimes the immune system is not able to control the mites and it gets out of control. Yes, many Bullies get this but DO NOT WORRY. It will heal with meds and time.

My Belle had to horrible! Bad. But with meds, shampoo and time her coat came back even better than before and I was able to use her as a show dog 4 months later and not a trace of the prob at all. It has been over 14 months since she had this and no re-occurrences.

It might not be, but the only way to know for sure is a scraping. If not, then onto the next step.

Don't fret; this too shall pass.

G'Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online