loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: so I changed franklin's food to Fromm gold he got the. :poo: so bad then he got these bumps an his butt smells like yeast I was looking through his tail today an its all wet an crusty, smelly I changed his food Thursday his :poo: is back to normal an the bumps seem to be going away but man his butt I can't believe it I just thought it was only his butt. His tail is bad please help I don't know what to do I read something about vinegar water to spray on it? And some yogurt with his food, does that work? Thanks!!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh ouch! Did you switch slowly? You can use diaper rash creme I think that would help!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if you think its yeast then maybe some antifungal cream such as tolnaftate or lady part cream and some neosporin or diaper rash cream as already mentioned mixed in. ouch poor baby. you can use yogurt but be careful as some bullies are allergic to milk. alot here give a probiotic pill such as ones they sell for people. i hope he gets better soon.

OP
loveabully

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:butterfly: so I was looking on this other site about yeast infections an they all said applecider vinager and water mix 50/50 in a spray bottle then pat dry and yogurt with the food so I hope it works his tail smells so bad just like yeast my other dog had it before he passed, an all other topical creams don't really work an I don't want to go to the vet and them give me antibiotics cause that just makes it worse.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Anything with "Mal" in the name takes care of yeast malacetic has a wash I used on Gator's rope a while back. There are also Mal-A-Ket wipes. I would also think that after cleaning, maybe dry well and put a little lotrimin powder in there.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My question is also did you switch the foods slowly? And does he have a tail pocket? If the yeast is bad I would also by some probiotics and prebiotics.

OP
loveabully

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:butterfly: yep I did it slowly but he had an allergenic reaction from it bumps all over Yeats infection bad bad :poo: and I changed his food again Thursday to blue wilderness sensitive and his poo is normal his bumps seem to be going away not too sure but I did the vinager/water last night an it looks a little better so I'm very happy with this food he's not itching nowhere as much as he was I wipe him with baby wipes every time he comes in so fingers crossed

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.