Other The boys' vet visit this morning -- great follow-up and laser & ozone therapy

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Wanted to mention first that their vet's first comment when she saw them was how shiny their coats are! :jumpdance: It's most likely because of their food ... plus their bath last night. :D

Stigs' swelling has gone down quite a bit and is healing very well. No new meds were given and we only need to finish up the antibiotics the emergency vet gave us. Woohoo!

Punks started his laser therapy today for his arthritic knees. It was so cute, he had to lay down for about a half hour, 15 mins for each knee, and the vet tech said he just snored his way through. lol. What a Punkin thing to do. We're going to do this therapy every week for about a month, and then every couple of months after that. It's to help maintain his arthritis.

And then after a month, we're opting to do the medical ozone therapy treatment for him. It's where they inject a dose of oxygen with other minerals to his knees, promoting better health and reversal of arthritis. It won't be completely gone, but the vets said that they've had great success with it. He'll require three visits at first then another every couple of years or so. We didn't want to do surgery just yet because he's still very mobile and his ligaments are very strong. The daily walks and Stig's playfulness are actually helping him gain some muscle to his legs. No more chubby thighs! :up:

Here's what I found about the therapy. We'll keep you updated on how it goes. His daily glucoseamine have helped him tremendously. And I'm hoping that the therapies will do wonders as well.

What is Medical Ozone?

Ozone (O3) is an activated form of oxygen (O2). Medical ozone is made when medical grade oxygen is electrically activated using an ozone generator to form Ozone. It has been used in medical and naturopathic medicine since the 1870's. Ozone is an effective oxidizer that can kill all kinds of bacteria and viruses, including the toxins that they produce. Ozone is germicidal, bactericidal and fungicidal. It also works quickly to destroy any number of poisonous compounds such as chemical waste or pesticides, which makes the substance particularly valuable as a disinfectant in purifying water.

What is Medical Ozone Therapy?

Ozone therapy is currently being used in many countries to treat a broad range of conditions and ailments in people, including allergies, arthritis, asthma, cancer, colitis, hepatitis and sinusitis. Ozone therapy can be used to detoxify the body and to activate the immune system by stimulating the production of cytokines. Ozone therapy helps address a lack of sufficient cellular oxygen in the body which leads to poor health. Healthy cells require an oxygen rich environment. Many microorganisms and cancer cells are anaerobic (without oxygen) or have an anaerobic portion of their life cycle - meaning they cannot survive in an oxygen rich environment.

Methods of Delivery of Ozone into the body

The method or methods used to deliver the ozone generally depends on what condition you are treating. The veterinarian will determine the best method(s) of delivery of the ozone to your pet. The most common technique is Hemotherapy. Ozone is mixed with a blood sample from the body and injected intramuscularly. This technique targets any condition including allergies and cancer. Other methods of delivery include subcutanesouly, insufflation, inhalation, and transdermally.

What is the treatment protocol?

Ozone therapy is not a drug or a magic bullet. It is a therapeutic tool which can aid the body in regaining health. In the end, the immune system has to do the work of healing the body. Ozone therapy is best performed along with other treatment modalities in order to achieve the best results. The number and frequency of treatments will vary with the condition being treated. A treatment plan is determined on an individual basis depending on your pet's specific medical issues.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad they had a good vet visit and stig's swelling has gone down. Good luck with the therapy for Punkin, hope it works well.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im glad things are better for stig and its amazing what they have for dogs now and days. good luck with the therapy.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Glad the visit went well! :) Hope thearapy goes well for the little big guy :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Go Stigy! I heard about the laser therapy from another member and am curious. Don't know if it would be an option for Gator but I am going to do some research and see what the vet says. I sure hope it works for Punkin! I remember when you brought him home! What a lucky boy :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
KILLER AWESOME post and information. Thank you. I know I'm not the only one that considers alternative therapies to drugs, drugs, drugs for these guys.

GOOD STUFF!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sounds like a great vet visit! That is good news about all the positive improvements in the boys thanks to great bullie parenting! I look forward to more updates about the interesting sounding ozone therapy and the laser therapy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You are such a good bully mamma! :luv: glad it is going well so far!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.