General Question Spay/Neuter At 3 Months?

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis is 6.5 months and I am going to wait a little longer for him...

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The Spay and Neuter Clinics are 'chop shops' get them in and get them out. I would HIGHLY recommend going to a Bully Vet to have *ANY* surgery done. Just due to all of the 'Bully issues' - an Ounce of Prevention is worth a Pound of Cure - or worse...the heartache of a lost loved one.

Just my 2 cents - I Still want to try to wait until Hershey is closer to a year old for his Neuter

I have to respectfully disagree with the clinics being "chop shops". Granted, it's been awhile but we have taken lots of dogs to the spay and neuter clinic in the past and they have treated the dog well and there were no complications or shady dealings. The closest thing to an EB that we have taken there is a foster frenchie and I agree that it's probably better to take an EB to an EB vet to be spayed but the pups I am gathering info for are a silky/yorkie (Jordan's pup) and a frenchie (my pup). I'll bet there are some shady spay and neuter clinics out there as well but the experience I have had has been all good.

Thanks for all the advice and info everybody. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would not necessarily think of spay and nueter clinics as chop shops either. This is ALL they do, experience says a lot in my book. I prefer to use my regular vet because of trust and plus I would rather give him my business. But if I did not have a long relationship with my vet, I would choose a clinic over say.... The vet I used to see previously whom I did not have that kind of trust in.

I also agree there is probably some shady ones out there but just as with any vet, finding a great one is not always easy.

I also do not think there is a right or wrong answer in when to do it. So long as you do it. ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I have to respectfully disagree with the clinics being "chop shops". Granted, it's been awhile but we have taken lots of dogs to the spay and neuter clinic in the past and they have treated the dog well and there were no complications or shady dealings. The closest thing to an EB that we have taken there is a foster frenchie and I agree that it's probably better to take an EB to an EB vet to be spayed but the pups I am gathering info for are a silky/yorkie (Jordan's pup) and a frenchie (my pup). I'll bet there are some shady spay and neuter clinics out there as well but the experience I have had has been all good.

Thanks for all the advice and info everybody. :)

My apologies, I wasnt trying to refer to them in a bad manner, just that they see so many animals and its a production line. Chop Shop was a poor choice of words on my end. However.. .I'll stand by the point of my point :) Take your Bullies to a Vet who is VERY Familiar with Bullies :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Bottom line is just do it! Doesn't matter when. Just get it done :)

Otis is 3 years old and still has his personals. And if he doesn't stop humping everything in sight I just might cut them off myself :cursing:

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My apologies, I wasnt trying to refer to them in a bad manner, just that they see so many animals and its a production line. Chop Shop was a poor choice of words on my end. However.. .I'll stand by the point of my point :) Take your Bullies to a Vet who is VERY Familiar with Bullies :)

Point taken :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.