Help Needed! Gator's not loking well any advice....

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
ok i just got home and normally gator is excited to see me and also can't wait to get outta his cage... But today, no excitement he had a normal solid poop in his cage (which pooping in the cage is not normal for him) and also what looks like vomit but all his dog food in the vomit, i walked him outside and he just walked back inside. just lays there all sad looking... His nose is dry. I don't see any other physcial signs out of the norm... I know Monday night he was mischief and got ahold of my red chili sauce and had a lick, he learned his lesson reall quick. He drank a bunch of water and ate some ice cubes, but didn't seem any different afterwards and nothing was wrong yesterday or this morning..

Any ideas or suggestions on what i should or can do... Obviously my last resort is the Vet i like to help and try remedies first.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
May just have an upset tummy, sometime they get them. As long as he is drinking I'd just see how he is tomorrow.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would also wait and see. Could be nothing but a tummy ache. If there isn't anything obviously wrong, then you can usually wait. Especially if his poop is normal. Mine is Gator as well! Very cool to meet another bully with that name.

Look around and make sure that nothing is missing that he might have eaten. If he refuses food in the morning, or stops pooping/peeing then I might take him in.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I agree..they can have a Pepcid if needed..and the only thing I'd look for is anything he might've eaten..let us know how he is tomorrow.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I agree..they can have a Pepcid if needed..and the only thing I'd look for is anything he might've eaten..let us know how he is tomorrow.

YES, my vet said that they can have one 10mg pepcid (just from the store) 2x's a day :)

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ok Yeah he had a lil water hasn't vomited that up, just does that weird burp when u feel like throwing up... He's just been staying next to me and follows me around the house and then will lay down... I didn't want to take him in for nothng, or something i can handle at home. I'll give everyone an update tomorrow..

LOL [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] i named him after another "Gator" i saw from a rescue that i didn't qualify to adopt and also because i Love the show "Swamp People"

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe he ate too fast this morning..they will and DO inhale their food. This can cause the vomiting and sometimes even bloat..which you need to be aware of. Jake did throw up a couple times after eating so fast. :bang: if he does this..you can get a slow feed bowl or like us. Pacer Ball..that slows them down. Just a thought for the future! :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would leave it overnight. If you do decide to feed him tonight then I would give him white rice and some ground hamburger meat or some chicken. Just a tiny amount.

Lets hope it's just an upset stomach. Let us know how he is in the morning!! :assurred:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any chance he ate something foreign? Any missing toys, socks, stuffing?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HI sorry kids had "meet the teacher".... well i looked around the house for something missing or alf eaten, couldn't find nothing.. I did notice his vomit which i'm thinking was diarrhea on'y because it was a thick consistencey, but it has like a sweet smell (i was examing it for anything unusual). and could be right that he inhaled too fast, he had undigested food kibbles in it. But i didn't feed him that night just in case. The next morning he was his lively self i gave him only a cup of food to be on the safe side. I came home and Nothing!!! no mess no looking just his jolly old self excited to see me and everything!!!

Most Reactions