Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Need tips on shaving

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Toronto, Ontario
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Need tips on shaving

Since the vet pulled some of the scabbing off, Stig scratched the area which resulted to some bleeding. We tried to clean it the best we could last night, but there was still some dried blood around the wound and on his fur. From the looks of it, the swelling and collitis was probably caused by a bite from another pooch. The good thing is he doesn't seem to be in too much pain. You'd need to apply a lot of pressure on the area before he'll react.

Too keep the wound clean, was thinking of shaving around the area. Does anyone have any good tips? Do we need to get a special razor? Should we put something on the puncture to help healing?

Read online too that warm compresses may ease the swelling. Stig did seem to appreciated when we were cleaning his wound with a warm damp facecloth, so we'll try the compresses tonite and continue until everything gets back to normal.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    United States
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need tips on shaving

I would use a 40 blade and clip at least 3/4 of an inch all around the wound it should help in the healing process

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need tips on shaving

we use the b/f's face clippers.... smaller than what is used for cutting hair, like side-burns. shave around it and then gently over it ..... warm compress will definitely help healing
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads