Help Needed! Need tips on shaving

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Since the vet pulled some of the scabbing off, Stig scratched the area which resulted to some bleeding. We tried to clean it the best we could last night, but there was still some dried blood around the wound and on his fur. From the looks of it, the swelling and collitis was probably caused by a bite from another pooch. The good thing is he doesn't seem to be in too much pain. You'd need to apply a lot of pressure on the area before he'll react.

Too keep the wound clean, was thinking of shaving around the area. Does anyone have any good tips? Do we need to get a special razor? Should we put something on the puncture to help healing?

Read online too that warm compresses may ease the swelling. Stig did seem to appreciated when we were cleaning his wound with a warm damp facecloth, so we'll try the compresses tonite and continue until everything gets back to normal.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I would use a 40 blade and clip at least 3/4 of an inch all around the wound it should help in the healing process

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we use the b/f's face clippers.... smaller than what is used for cutting hair, like side-burns. shave around it and then gently over it ..... warm compress will definitely help healing

Most Reactions