Other Lump after Rabies shot

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So on Monday we went to the vet for an ear infection. We were also due for some shots that we got done as well. This was a new vet we went to that my mom had gone to for the last 10 years. (THe girl who works there has 2 bullies) I dont like them b/c I feel they care more about the money than the acutal animal. Anyway Brutus now has a lump on his back where the shot was given. I called [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] Bev at 9 am this morning frantic thinking something was wrong! Thank you so much Bev b/c I was so scared thinking something was wrong. I called the vet and asked if they could see him to check it out and they told me sure but its going to be $38 consult fee :shout: What you gave him the shot and we just spent $400 on MOnday really??? Anyway after speaking with Bev and our normal vet they advised to keep cold compress on it and it should go down. Its normal for some dogs to get this after rabies shots. Boy was I scared.

I figured I would post this for anyone else who has the same problem after vaccines.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thanks for the tip! I'll keep it in the vault for next time it comes up :2thumbs:

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I was going to suggest ice..but see you've figured it out! Time for a new vet! Glad he will be just fine!

Our vet was on vacation and we needed ear meds :shout: I trusted this :poo: vet b/c my moms dogs have been going there for 10 years and she has never had any problems. Another bad idea of mine :wallbang: <----Oh this one is going to give me really bad headaches!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Don't you just hate it when a vet puts money before our babies?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], our guy that got the lump ended up having to change brands of rabies shot. The lump lasted months, was right at the injection site, and about the size of a marble!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], our guy that got the lump ended up having to change brands of rabies shot. The lump lasted months, was right at the injection site, and about the size of a marble!

The first time Brutus had the rabies shot this didnt happen! Its bigger than a marble and its no really round more rectangluar. I have been using cold compress and its gone down a little.

Thanks for posting, Renzo gets his rabies shot in two weeks.

I figured with all the new members and when I looked I didnt see it so I figured it would help others. Glad to know its nothing serious I was thinking the worst

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Oh I would be so frantic and thinking the worst things I possibly could. That's good it's going down, I hope it goes away soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.