Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Hello everyone!! My moms friend wanted me to ask ya'll a question. She has a 5 1/2 year old bully boy named Boo. She has noticed that his bottom toofer is getting pretty loose. Also he had what looked like a clear blister around the same area and when that went away a brown spot stayed. She has been to her vet about it (not a bully vet mind you) and he said that he didn't know what it was but he is sure Boo will be fine. I have a couple of pictures to show ya'll and then maybe you can give me some input to give to her.

Boo :heart:

:heart:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Is the brown spot on the tooth? I wonder if he hit it and it's loose and the tooth is damaged. If so..it could sure hurt! Peroxide with equal parts water..can be put on mouth blisters and infections. I'd try that..but wouldn't be shocked he will lose that tooth.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is the brown spot on the tooth? I wonder if he hit it and it's loose and the tooth is damaged. If so..it could sure hurt! Peroxide with equal parts water..can be put on mouth blisters and infections. I'd try that..but wouldn't be shocked he will lose that tooth.

I am not sure if he hit it or not. I will have her try the Peroxide thing though.

I have no clue, but I'm just amazed that she was able to snap pictures while holding his mouth like that. Jackson would have been wiggling away the whole time!

Crazy isn't it?? Boo is completely spoiled rotten. He even gets his faced washed and teeth brushed every night so he can sleep with mommy. :lol:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think that tooth will probably fall out. What a cutie! How come your friend doesn't join us so we can see more of this handsome guy??? Sounds like they would fit right in!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

SusanK

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Boo
Update
Hello Everyone, I'm Boo's Aunt/Mom. Thank you so much Matilda's Mom for posting this question for me and thank you to those who replied! I took Boo back to the vet, it's a father/son clinic and this time he saw the older more experienced vet. He basically said the same thing as his son, that bulldogs have tooth/gum issues and he will probably lose his bottom center teeth. He said it was from the way his bottom jaw juts out and those two teeth get the most wear and tear when he's out and about. He said the discoloration was from age, that some dogs mouths naturally take on a dark pigment (besides the spots, all the tissue under his tongue has turned brown). After looking at some of his younger pictures, I can tell there's been quite a bit of movement of his lower teeth. Perplexing. I've been diligent about keeping the plaque off his teeth and now it doesn't seem like it will matter, arggg.

PS to Matilda's Mommy, here is a full picture of my sweety pie:

2012-08-11_16-03-49_805.jpg

SusanK

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Boo
He was in sleepy mode, lol, you can just about do anything to him at that time.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Update
Hello Everyone, I'm Boo's Aunt/Mom. Thank you so much Matilda's Mom for posting this question for me and thank you to those who replied! I took Boo back to the vet, it's a father/son clinic and this time he saw the older more experienced vet. He basically said the same thing as his son, that bulldogs have tooth/gum issues and he will probably lose his bottom center teeth. He said it was from the way his bottom jaw juts out and those two teeth get the most wear and tear when he's out and about. He said the discoloration was from age, that some dogs mouths naturally take on a dark pigment (besides the spots, all the tissue under his tongue has turned brown). After looking at some of his younger pictures, I can tell there's been quite a bit of movement of his lower teeth. Perplexing. I've been diligent about keeping the plaque off his teeth and now it doesn't seem like it will matter, arggg.

View attachment 25652

:hiya: and :smileywelcome: He is sooooooo soooooo cute! I love the expression he has in the full picture :) Glad you joined us and shared your sweeties picture...Now more please :) Hope you stick around and chat with us bullie obessed :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome Susan!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
[MENTION=5674]SusanK[/MENTION] :smileywelcome: so happy you joined us!! an thank you [MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION] for having her !

Looks like you got your answer! :)

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Update

View attachment 25652
Omg!! Hi!!! And Boo!! You are one handsome guy!!! :love:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=5674]SusanK[/MENTION] I totaly missed this thread, Welcome and glad you got you question answered by your vet

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=5674]SusanK[/MENTION] Welcome, and he is such a gorgeous boy!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what a handsome, handsome boy....... :welcome3:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online