General Question Lola first vet appointment

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I picked up Lola from the breeder last night and she had the runs which she was wormed the 20th but I wanted to get her checked before the drive home and good thing I did! I had the vet look at her eye and its not infected but looks sore and the skin is red but their isnt any discharge or smell so he gave us some ointment to put in both eyes and wants to see her in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Our boxer had coccidia. It is dangerous when not diagnosed and more common in large animals (farms, etc). More than likely you are on a different type of med than the breeder. Much like taking penicillin vs Zithromax. Follow the vets instructions, keep an eye on Lola and just like anything else watch her water intake as dehydration is common due to the diarrhea, etc. When in doubt call the vet, most times when caught early enough they weather right through it.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My breeder raises her own chickens and the vet said he thought that is where she got it. She has more solid poop this morning still not to what it should be but we are headed in the right direction!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww..poor baby. I agree..follow your vets instructions and it certainly doesn't hurt to double check with him. I do know it's highly contagious between other animals..and you are lucky you had it diagnosed so quickly. I'm glad she's home with you and you can get her healthy.

Most Reactions