Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bella's facial wrinkles

Real Name
    Duff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Bella's facial wrinkles

Please, any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. I have been diligently caring for Bella's facial wrinkles but am having a serious problem. It seems they may be getting a fungal infection! I have tried baby wipes, witch hazel, baby shampoo but to no avail. It looks as though the hair in the wrinkles is gone and they are inflammed. Today I noticed an open area!!! I'm freaking out! Should I see if I can get a RX for Panalog? I feel bad for the little ruffian!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bella's facial wrinkles

Besides the witch-hazel are you drying the facial wrinkles really good after cleaning? Leaving the area moist just leads to more problems. Witch Hazel will dry on its own. After you clean her face and dry real good maybe try rubbing Desitin (for diaper rash) into the wrinkles. That has helped some of us on here.

Real Name
    Kevin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Renzo
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Ackkkk poor Bella.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice ~ Neil Peart

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bodypeersur View Post
    Please, any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. I have been diligently caring for Bella's facial wrinkles but am having a serious problem. It seems they may be getting a fungal infection! I have tried baby wipes, witch hazel, baby shampoo but to no avail. It looks as though the hair in the wrinkles is gone and they are inflammed. Today I noticed an open area!!! I'm freaking out! Should I see if I can get a RX for Panalog? I feel bad for the little ruffian!
    A trip to the vet may be needed here. Those face wrinkle can give us some with all the time we put into worrying about them

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Philippe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    A trip to the vet may be needed here. Those face wrinkle can give us some with all the time we put into worrying about them
    I agree. Infection may be starting and require a round of antibiotics.

Real Name
    Duff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Besides the witch-hazel are you drying the facial wrinkles really good after cleaning? Leaving the area moist just leads to more problems. Witch Hazel will dry on its own. After you clean her face and dry real good maybe try rubbing Desitin (for diaper rash) into the wrinkles. That has helped some of us on here.
    Yes, I've been drying her wrinkles very well. I'm very distraught over this.

Real Name
    Kassie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus McGee
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure it happens (or in my case, will happen) to all Bully owners. Don't beat yourself up over it. You're vet will be able to help
    "You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats animals"

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

You might actually been doing too much! There is a point where all the drying can cause problems too. I would go to vet if there's an open area. Panalog works...and in the future only clean every few days. You can use a teeny dab of desitin if you notice slight irritation. But an open inflamed sore might need antibiotics.

Dont be distraught...it's a fine line and you'll figure it out!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Please ask your vet for Neo Predef powder! I know a lot of people use ointments here and it works for them, but my vet streses to keep the areas as dry as possible. I use Lotrimin powder decanted into a squeeze bottle and work it in the wrinkles after wiping them out with cotton cosmetic pads every few days. Our guy had yeasty feet and one irritated wrinkle and the Neo Predef had it cleared up within a few days. I also don't overwipe or use baby wipes or anything wet in them anymore except for antifungal shampoo wash during a bath and then dry dry dry and powder powder powder. Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. Hope your baby is icky wrinkle free soon.
    @bodypeersur

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Don't worry too much. What you can't solve the vet can give you antibiotics and powder and things will be all better and then you can take over from there with regular maintenance.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Duff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    You might actually been doing too much! There is a point where all the drying can cause problems too. I would go to vet if there's an open area. Panalog works...and in the future only clean every few days. You can use a teeny dab of desitin if you notice slight irritation. But an open inflamed sore might need antibiotics.

Dont be distraught...it's a fine line and you'll figure it out!

Yes, I understand the value of moderation in treating irritations and wounds being a nurse for 29 years. It's just frustrating having followed the directions of others here and seeing minimal results. Everything advised here is exactly what I've read elsewhere so I know the info here is rock solid. I'm beginning to wonder if Bella may be allergic to something in our home as she didn't have this problem prior to us adopting her.
    Last edited by bodypeersur; 07-28-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bodypeersur View Post
    Yes, I understand the value of moderation in treating irritations and wounds being a nurse for 29 years. It's just frustrating having followed the directions of others here and seeing minimal results. Everything advised here is exactly what I've read elsewhere so I know the info here is rock solid. I'm beginning to wonder if Bella may be allergic to something in our home as she didn't have this problem prior to us adopting her.
    Ohh..I didn't mean to offend you... Maybe have her allergy tested. It has really helped many here solve a mystery. Probably save you aggravation เnd money..not to mention poor Bella discomfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads