URGENT!!! Bella's facial wrinkles

bodypeersur

Jul 8, 2012
Melbourne, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Please, any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. I have been diligently caring for Bella's facial wrinkles but am having a serious problem. It seems they may be getting a fungal infection! I have tried baby wipes, witch hazel, baby shampoo but to no avail. It looks as though the hair in the wrinkles is gone and they are inflammed. Today I noticed an open area!!! I'm freaking out! Should I see if I can get a RX for Panalog? I feel bad for the little ruffian!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Besides the witch-hazel are you drying the facial wrinkles really good after cleaning? Leaving the area moist just leads to more problems. Witch Hazel will dry on its own. After you clean her face and dry real good maybe try rubbing Desitin (for diaper rash) into the wrinkles. That has helped some of us on here.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Please, any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. I have been diligently caring for Bella's facial wrinkles but am having a serious problem. It seems they may be getting a fungal infection! I have tried baby wipes, witch hazel, baby shampoo but to no avail. It looks as though the hair in the wrinkles is gone and they are inflammed. Today I noticed an open area!!! I'm freaking out! Should I see if I can get a RX for Panalog? I feel bad for the little ruffian!

A trip to the vet may be needed here. Those face wrinkle can give us some with all the time we put into worrying about them :)

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
A trip to the vet may be needed here. Those face wrinkle can give us some with all the time we put into worrying about them :)

I agree. Infection may be starting and require a round of antibiotics.

OP
bodypeersur

bodypeersur

Jul 8, 2012
Melbourne, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Besides the witch-hazel are you drying the facial wrinkles really good after cleaning? Leaving the area moist just leads to more problems. Witch Hazel will dry on its own. After you clean her face and dry real good maybe try rubbing Desitin (for diaper rash) into the wrinkles. That has helped some of us on here.

Yes, I've been drying her wrinkles very well. I'm very distraught over this.

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
I'm sure it happens (or in my case, will happen) to all Bully owners. Don't beat yourself up over it. You're vet will be able to help ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You might actually been doing too much! There is a point where all the drying can cause problems too. I would go to vet if there's an open area. Panalog works...and in the future only clean every few days. You can use a teeny dab of desitin if you notice slight irritation. But an open inflamed sore might need antibiotics.

Dont be distraught...it's a fine line and you'll figure it out! :hug:

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Please ask your vet for Neo Predef powder! I know a lot of people use ointments here and it works for them, but my vet streses to keep the areas as dry as possible. I use Lotrimin powder decanted into a squeeze bottle and work it in the wrinkles after wiping them out with cotton cosmetic pads every few days. Our guy had yeasty feet and one irritated wrinkle and the Neo Predef had it cleared up within a few days. I also don't overwipe or use baby wipes or anything wet in them anymore except for antifungal shampoo wash during a bath and then dry dry dry and powder powder powder. Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. Hope your baby is icky wrinkle free soon. :)
[MENTION=5345]bodypeersur[/MENTION]

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Don't worry too much. What you can't solve the vet can give you antibiotics and powder and things will be all better and then you can take over from there with regular maintenance.

OP
bodypeersur

bodypeersur

Jul 8, 2012
Melbourne, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
You might actually been doing too much! There is a point where all the drying can cause problems too. I would go to vet if there's an open area. Panalog works...and in the future only clean every few days. You can use a teeny dab of desitin if you notice slight irritation. But an open inflamed sore might need antibiotics.

Yes, I understand the value of moderation in treating irritations and wounds being a nurse for 29 years. It's just frustrating having followed the directions of others here and seeing minimal results. Everything advised here is exactly what I've read elsewhere so I know the info here is rock solid. I'm beginning to wonder if Bella may be allergic to something in our home as she didn't have this problem prior to us adopting her.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes, I understand the value of moderation in treating irritations and wounds being a nurse for 29 years. It's just frustrating having followed the directions of others here and seeing minimal results. Everything advised here is exactly what I've read elsewhere so I know the info here is rock solid. I'm beginning to wonder if Bella may be allergic to something in our home as she didn't have this problem prior to us adopting her.

Ohh..I didn't mean to offend you... Maybe have her allergy tested. It has really helped many here solve a mystery. Probably save you aggravation ànd money..not to mention poor Bella discomfort.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda

Agree ,sometimes we can irritate wrinkles by over cleaning,sometimes just blotting the dampness with paper towel to dry out the damp is enough and once weekly apply baby bum cream ,karen

OP
bodypeersur

bodypeersur

Jul 8, 2012
Melbourne, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Ohh..I didn't mean to offend you... Maybe have her allergy tested. It has really helped many here solve a mystery. Probably save you aggravation ànd money..not to mention poor Bella discomfort.

Hahaha, no offense taken...believe me. I'm open to all suggestions for the sake of little Mooshface! LOL! I think taking her to the vet will be the next step. Thanks for the imput. This is a great forum for getting info.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i just want to add that baby wipes and such will be of no help for a fungal infection which you probably already know. thats where the desenex and lotrimin powder would come into play. it will also keep it dry. if your not sure what it is and there is a sore maybe a vet visit to establish what it is. i would maybe be putting some peroxide on it and then some antifungal powder to keep it dry. keep us update and no worries facial things is what we bully owners deal with.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.