URGENT!!! Bella's facial wrinkles

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
All of the advice above is spot on. To clear it up, I would head to the vet and check on the powder.

For a slightly irritated or healthy rope, I swear by desitin. Not only does it relieve discomfort, but it provides a nice barrier. This would be after it has begun to clear up. If there is an open sore, a trip to the vet is in order.

I only clean every few days but I look at it every day to make sure there is no gunk. A good food has helped us clear it up quite well. When I do clean, I use peroxide (or oddly enough, an ear wash then I blow on it to dry and dab with a cloth or cotton pad (not balls, the round, flat pads) then desitin. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun! For yeast I have used malacetic that I order on Amazon. Works quite well.

Good luck and let us know what the vet says. Poor girl must be uncomfortable.

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
sumo used to have a lot of issues with her rope folds and the other wrinkles. when i switched her to acana pacifica it REALLY helped clear it all up! now i clean in there about once a week and it is always dry and looking good!!!

she still gets issues in her tail pocket though :(

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Powders aren't going to help if the wrinkles are red raw and irritated. Powders are fine if the wrinkles are not open red and raw, but once they reach this point, I find only creams and ointments will help - TRITOP is one ointment I use regularly along with ZYMOX.

Members online

No members online now.