Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bella's facial wrinkles

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bella's facial wrinkles

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    You might actually been doing too much! There is a point where all the drying can cause problems too. I would go to vet if there's an open area. Panalog works...and in the future only clean every few days. You can use a teeny dab of desitin if you notice slight irritation. But an open inflamed sore might need antibiotics.

Dont be distraught...it's a fine line and you'll figure it out!
    Agree ,sometimes we can irritate wrinkles by over cleaning,sometimes just blotting the dampness with paper towel to dry out the damp is enough and once weekly apply baby bum cream ,karen

Real Name
    Duff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Ohh..I didn't mean to offend you... Maybe have her allergy tested. It has really helped many here solve a mystery. Probably save you aggravation ànd money..not to mention poor Bella discomfort.
    Hahaha, no offense taken...believe me. I'm open to all suggestions for the sake of little Mooshface! LOL! I think taking her to the vet will be the next step. Thanks for the imput. This is a great forum for getting info.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i just want to add that baby wipes and such will be of no help for a fungal infection which you probably already know. thats where the desenex and lotrimin powder would come into play. it will also keep it dry. if your not sure what it is and there is a sore maybe a vet visit to establish what it is. i would maybe be putting some peroxide on it and then some antifungal powder to keep it dry. keep us update and no worries facial things is what we bully owners deal with.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 07-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

All of the advice above is spot on. To clear it up, I would head to the vet and check on the powder.

For a slightly irritated or healthy rope, I swear by desitin. Not only does it relieve discomfort, but it provides a nice barrier. This would be after it has begun to clear up. If there is an open sore, a trip to the vet is in order.

I only clean every few days but I look at it every day to make sure there is no gunk. A good food has helped us clear it up quite well. When I do clean, I use peroxide (or oddly enough, an ear wash then I blow on it to dry and dab with a cloth or cotton pad (not balls, the round, flat pads) then desitin. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun! For yeast I have used malacetic that I order on Amazon. Works quite well.

Good luck and let us know what the vet says. Poor girl must be uncomfortable.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

sumo used to have a lot of issues with her rope folds and the other wrinkles. when i switched her to acana pacifica it REALLY helped clear it all up! now i clean in there about once a week and it is always dry and looking good!!!

she still gets issues in her tail pocket though

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Powders aren't going to help if the wrinkles are red raw and irritated. Powders are fine if the wrinkles are not open red and raw, but once they reach this point, I find only creams and ointments will help - TRITOP is one ointment I use regularly along with ZYMOX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads