Other Annabella update

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Just got a call and Annabella is out of surgery and breathing well! She had a palate resection as well as her torn ACL fixed. They did X rays and it also showed some hip dysplasia :( Doesn't always pay to buy from a BCA hall of fame breeder... Waiting for the vet to call and give me more details ..she had an emergency right after Belly was done in surgery. My poor baby, they cut a slit in her throat in case they had to trach her :(

005-4.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad she made it out of surgery and praying for a speedy recovery.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
The important thing is that she is out of surgery and breathing better and I am SO glad to hear it :jumping:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope she heals up quickly.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Praying for a quick recovery. Glad surgery went well and positive thoughts :hug:

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the well wishes everyone :hug: I got to talk to the vet right after I got to work today and she told me Belly woke right up and wanted to walk. She was walking around the recovery room with the tube hanging out of her mouth! While resecting her palate, they saw that she has a swollen tonsil which was probably caused by the elongated palate. The antibiotics she will be on will hopefully reduce the swelling otherwise she will have to have a tonsillectomy at some point. Dogs have tonsillectomies??!!! My insurance is soooo going to hate me. Anywho, I call in the morning at 9 and if she doesn't have a fever and is eating she can come home. :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sweet little Belly, I am so glad she did so well with the surgery. I am also so glad you have insurance and YOU for her Mommie! I shudder to think where she would be with an owner who did not give her the proper care she needed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Belly is home! Poor sweetie has a soft cast that needs to stay on for 7 days. If it's wet out, it needs a garbage bag taped over it and a list of instructions a mile long!:eek: We'll be super busy in 2 weeks...stitches will be out and then she goes back 2 x's a week for several weeks for laser and injections. Made her a bed in case she couldn't get in and out of her cage and got a huge supply of bones for her to chew on. The staff loved her and thought she was just adorable. I think a lot of them have a soft spot for bulldogs :2thumbs: But they shaved her little hiney!!

001-6.jpg

So glad to have my baby girl home!:heart: Thank you again everyone!

So glad we did have insurance on her! We did actually get some money back because they want payment up front, but it was still a little over $4000. Curious to see what all they will pay for....

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Speedy Recovery wishes sent out to Belly

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.