Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Zoey is sick

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey1974 View Post
    Thank you all. I feel just awful for her. I have been giving her a mix of beef, carrots, peas, and pumpkin this week. I thought she was doing so well as she stopped licking her paws and her face is clearing up beautifully. I'm thinking Fromm is in order after she feels better? I just want to get this right
    She IS doing well and you ARE doing it right. This sounds more like a bug to me than anything food related, especially since it's coming back out looking the same as it went in. Until her stomach settles down, I would stop the beef and just do some ground turkey and rice for a couple of days. Turkey will be easier on the stomach and easier to digest than the beef.

Is she still drinking normally? How is her appetite? Does she still seem interested in food? I would also give her some pedialyte to replenish the electrolytes she is losing from being sick. If she isn't better by tomorrow I would take her to the doctor for a cerenia prescription.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Bully's Bikes and Books! Zoey1974's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)

She does inhale her food in less than a minute flat. I don't give her any carbs as I was worried about a grain or rice allergy and wanted to keep her on the basics. Is oatmeal better for allergy dogs? I made her a scrambled egg for lunch and so far knock on wood she has kept that down. Maybe I was doing too many veggies in her diet? She still acts like she wants to eat and gave me sad eyes after her egg was gone. She follows me into the kitchen and woofs each time I walk through there so she does want to eat. I will go get her the Pedialyte right now. I really am wondering if I should just go get a bag of high quality kibble and transition. Her itchies were doing much better, but she was just licking her paws a few minutes ago. Thank you all so much for the input. Zoey's belly thanks you too!!

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey1974 View Post
    I really am wondering if I should just go get a bag of high quality kibble and transition. Her itchies were doing much better, but she was just licking her paws a few minutes ago.

You need to do what you feel comfortable doing. None of us her can tell you how to feed your girl because no one way is the right way. As much as I would love to tell you to keep cooking for her, it's the right thing to do because it works for me... there are others who will tell you raw is the right thing to do, or TOTW is right, or Fromm is right.

She could be sick from eating too fast. She could be sick from a GI bug. Maybe it is the beef making her throw up. Might be it's the peas. She might be licking her paws because she's nervous. Maybe she's bored. Maybe they just itch.

Whatever you do, you have to give it more than a weeks time.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)

You are very right Twice. I have a feeling I am over thinking all of this a bit and need to calm down. Her belly has calmed down for the moment. I am going to stick with cooking for her as I really feel better knowing what she is getting. I will just trial and error to see what may not agree with her. I have found that I am a total nut ball when it comes to Zoey. Who knew when she is supposed to be my husband's dog? As dumb as this sounds, I believe with all my heart and soul that she was sent to me by my Shar-Pei who passed several years ago. That girl was the love of my life for 12 long years and I think I have found her sister soul Better run, I think I hear the crazy train coming to pick me up!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    You need to do what you feel comfortable doing. None of us her can tell you how to feed your girl because no one way is the right way. As much as I would love to tell you to keep cooking for her, it's the right thing to do because it works for me... there are others who will tell you raw is the right thing to do, or TOTW is right, or Fromm is right.

She could be sick from eating too fast. She could be sick from a GI bug. Maybe it is the beef making her throw up. Might be it's the peas. She might be licking her paws because she's nervous. Maybe she's bored. Maybe they just itch.

Whatever you do, you have to give it more than a weeks time.

Shes right! Bouncing around will be harder on her system. Sherry gave you some great advice about what might be additional things to add. Don't panic and don't doubt yourself.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I hope she's feeling better!! I agree with the others ... try the bland diet (white rice and cooked chicken or hamburger meat) for a couple of days, and then start to gradually introduce the cooked food that you have been giving her. You haven't been trying this new food regime long enough to see any real effect yet!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey
    Likes (Received)

Just a quick update. Zoey is just fine! It seemed to be an isolated incident yesterday morning. She did fine the rest of the day and is full of herself today. Thank you to everyone!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Glad she is doing better today. Good to hear.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Relieved Zoey is all better.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Let's get @Bella'sMom here...
    Wow, I just got this mention tag today....

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    Wow, I just got this mention tag today....

That sucks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads