Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=4663]Maife[/MENTION]...good on you! It is sometimes difficult, due to certain behavioral issues in certain
Bullies to wait until 18 months but I believe now as do a growing number of Vets, it is best
for the dogs, male or female. Bullies are still developing, they need their hormones balanced,
they need optimal bone development, internal bone growth, not so much outer size growth.

Bone cancers are on the rise, some Vets are now thinking it is because of too EARLY spays
and neuters, before the animals hormones and bone development have fully finished their jobs.

I urge everyone to research this subject and decide for themselves...many issues may be a
result of too early spay/neuters...failure to housebreak totally (maybe initially but not later on),
aggression due to immaturity, same issue-immaturity, causing disobedience and as I say, diseases
such as bone cancers, etc...all because we didn't let our pets mature & develop naturally because
it's inconvenient for us. I was ignorant of this myself and did what my vets suggested but when
they started doing so at 3 & 4 months and now, even earlier...BABIES, I started looking into it.
I'm convinced it is detrimental to our pet's health and any puppies I'm lucky enough to own, will be
'fixed' accordingly to the breed's maturity-Bulldogs, 18 to 24 months. Carol

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
And here I was feeling bad for not having tank neutered yet. Good to see that the going age of recommendation is 18-24 months. Good to see I stil have a ways to go. I'm not having behavioral issues other than when I took him to park and during play he wanted to mount. The first couple weeks we had him we used a belly band cus he was marking in the house, but he isn't doing that anymore..my baby <3

Members online

No members online now.